Ex pat couple new to Buenos Aires

MattyR

Registered
Hi all,

Having read these forums for weeks I thought it was about time I introduced my wife and I.

I'm English and work for an American Telecomms company, having lived in Slovakia for 6 years and then back in the UK for 2 we are now entering our 3rd week of living in Buenos Aires, facing a minimum of 2 years here sponsored by my company.

My wife is Slovak, but speaks perfect english, and will most likely also work here for the same company.

Neither of us speak Spanish, which is a culture shock for us given that most countries we have lived in over the last few years at least one of us could speak the language!

We are based in San Isidro in temporary accomodation at the moment, my office is in Martinez.

First impressions in 2 weeks are, the sheer size of the city, the noise, the beautiful weather, and the difficult to explain price differences to the UK and Europe - some things cheaper, some more expensive.

We've been reading these forums for a while and have found tons of useful information - but I still have a few questions which I will post in the other forum, hopefully some of you might hop over and answer them for us because its quite obvious the combined knowledge here will have them!

Thanks for the posts and information - its been invaluable,

M and A

feel free to do it any time, and welcome guys to our country!

HowardinBA said:
Hi Matty,can you enable your private message section?

Howard - I'd love to, but despite 10 minutes of searching I cant seem to see how, can you explain?

EDIT - seems to be working now, let me know.

M.

MattyR said:
Howard - I'd love to, but despite 10 minutes of searching I cant seem to see how, can you explain?

EDIT - seems to be working now, let me know.

M.
yep I,ve sent you a PM

Back