Excellent New Tango Video ( Differente)

Hola!

Here is the DiosTango magazine's video of Ruben and myself performing a milonga in the homage to Ricardo Tanturi a couple of weeks ago in La Ideal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxRT8hZlb4

For those in Buenos Aires, we will be performing to Miguel Calo in Salon Argentina next month. If anyone is interested, I'll post the date and time later on.

Thanks!
Cherie

tangocherie said:
P.S.
I'm classic old school: no electronic nuevo tango for me. Gotan is fine as background music, IMHO. No milonguero would dance to it.
estoy de acuerdo, It is good demo music,or listening, definitely not milonguero. By the way Gotan are French.

Tangobob Im sure you agree that it is a excellent video that has struck a chord with millions of new people .

Tango should also be an evolving music that has different styles and Newtango has its place and huge popularity. For many of us including me Newtango got me more interested in Old Tango and also created a lot of motivation in my daily life.

The simple fact is the resurgence of Tango in the last 5 years in Europe and the rest of the world is due to groups like Bajofondo Tango Club. Gotan Project.Tanghetto and many others.

That is fine Pericles if they do not deviate from the main essence and soul of the Tango, I remember what happened when Astor Piazzolla started with his new style nobody liked it but with time people appreciated his compositions and now he is one of the best tango composers this music ever had and well deserved too, his "Adios Nonino" is superb and an amazing piece of music.

pericles said:
Tangobob Im sure you agree that it is a excellent video that has struck a chord with millions of new people .

Tango should also be an evolving music that has different styles and Newtango has its place and huge popularity. For many of us including me Newtango got me more interested in Old Tango and also created a lot of motivation in my daily life.

The simple fact is the resurgence of Tango in the last 5 years in Europe and the rest of the world is due to groups like Bajofondo Tango Club. Gotan Project.Tanghetto and many others.

Yes, don't get me wrong, I too enjoy Gotan, and I will dance to it, though not in a regular milonga, but like many I thought that here was the soul of Buenos Aires only to be told "they are French"
I have a couple of their dvds and love to watch them. So yes to each his own, but as I say you will not here it in traditional milongas, maybe in one or two of the more nuevo salons wher you find mainly touristas. (yes I know I left myself right open here)

The Gotan Project is French, but I'm sure most of you know that Gotan is Lunfardo (a reves) for tango.

Piazzolla is another "type" of music, more French and American jazz, than tango. It is gorgeous and is used in ALL the traveling and tourist tango shows, but the milongueros do not dance to it. It is for listening.

Its ironic but most Argentines depreciated Astor Piazzolas talent until he found success in Europe. They said he was too different and it was not real....... tango.

For me real tango is feeling and Astor Piazzola and other modern intepretations of the classics have ignited more emotion and created more inner dance than most classic composers.
progress.gif

Back