Exchange Student

rachebabz

Registered
I arrived in Bs As in mid-Februrary and am here until July. I'm on exchange as part of my year abroad - I study French & Spanish in London. Just discovered these forums and loving it already!

Anyone has advice on any of the following, I'd be muy grateful:

- VOLUNTEERING for max 1 day/week that is FREE to do. I tried Union de los Pibes but it seems they're currently lacking a venue. Life Volunteers charge you for transport. I'm open to anything that will allow me to work with others & use Spanish. Kids work would be fun or alternatively anything admin-y that would be me "work experiencey"

- LASER HAIR REMOVAL - I'm considering starting laser hair removal sessions. It costs less here than it would in London but I guess I'm a little wary of having it in an unknown environment - anyone have any experience of this over here?

- DANCING - keen to start some dance classes. Have done various styles before and am open to pretty much anything. A continuation of jazz/ballet/contemporary or alternatively something new and latino like tango, salsa or samba ... any recommendations as to (cheap) local classes?!

Muchas gracias.

Rachel :)

Hi Rachel,

Re dance class prices. Group dance class prices seem to be around 25 pesos per single drop-in these days. There are much higher rates at for example at EAT. The rate at DNI if you buy a ten-pass card is much lower, and the card has no expiration period. My impression is that people are more sensitive to price when they are really working on getting better and for a while take 3 or more classes a week for several months. Whereas if someone is only here for a couple of weeks as their annual vacation, they don't feel the cost of the higher prices classes as much.

I'll be at the Wed Meetup in Palermo tonight if you want more details on various other places I have tried, or feel free to PM me with questions about the different specific classes. Here's the link to the Wednesday Meetup:

http://baexpats.org/newcomers-forum...g-meetup-wednesday-april-13-a.html#post110046

Al

Back