ExPat Book Exchange - This weekend?

JennPiscopo

Registered
Hi all,

I have some English language books on my shelf, that need new homes. I have some non-fiction, some trashy fiction, and some more intelligent fiction. :)

Is there interest in having an ExPat Book Exchange this weekend?

I am thinking something very casual-- we can all meet up at a cafe, buy food/drinks of our volition, and swap some books. I am happy to take suggestions for where to meet.

~ Jenn

hi! did this end up happening? i would be interested in trying this again sometime. i need some new english books!

Hey Jenn

I was planning another expat burger BBQ this coming Sunday (11th), out here in Vct. Lopez.
You (and anyone else) are welcome to bring books to swap - I even have a few new ones...

Betts has promised to bring some home-made chocolate chip cookies which I am really looking forward to!

Saludos,

David

JennPiscopo said:
Hi all,

I have some English language books on my shelf, that need new homes. I have some non-fiction, some trashy fiction, and some more intelligent fiction. :)

Is there interest in having an ExPat Book Exchange this weekend?

I am thinking something very casual-- we can all meet up at a cafe, buy food/drinks of our volition, and swap some books. I am happy to take suggestions for where to meet.

~ Jenn

Hi all,

There was no interest in the book exchange, so it did not end up happening!

I'll be out of town from July 11-19, but would be happy to try and organize another book exchange on my return-- but only if there's interest!

cheers,
Jenn

i would definitely be interested! i can help coordinate if you want.

chau,
meghan

I'd be interested in a book exchange.... eh, but I only have one book to exchange! Keep me posted.
Priscilla

Hi Dave! What´s the deal for the weekend.. do you mean Saturday 11th? That sounds better than Sunday, in case the weather changes. Also, earlier is better. But It´s up to you. How about starting it on a new thread? Hope to see you there,
Rgrds, Joe

Joe

Sorry!

Just posted this about Sunday. Can't do it Saturday, alas, but could in the future.
You are welcome to come earlier - I usually say 4 because that's when most people show up anyway, but I'll be here all day and there's no reason you (or anyome else) couldn't come by earlier!
Hope you can make it!

David

BAJoe said:
Hi Dave! What´s the deal for the weekend.. do you mean Saturday 11th? That sounds better than Sunday, in case the weather changes. Also, earlier is better. But It´s up to you. How about starting it on a new thread? Hope to see you there,
Rgrds, Joe

Hey guys!

Been a somewhat sluggish response to the proposed BBQ/BookSwap tomorrow, out here in Vicente Lopez. I have a few non-forum friends coming by, so there will be a few folks here, but the more the merrier!

I can easily understand folks wanting to stay home and inside in this cold weather, drinking hot toddies to avoid the Grippe, but I'd like to know who all is/may be coming so I can gather supplies.

PM or (better) post an RSVP ?

Thanks,

David

Hi Dave,

Jeremy and Celeste will be coming and we will be bringing 3 friends with us so count us in for a total of 5. See you tomorrow.

Back