Expat lunch, anyone?

steveinbsas

Registered
If any other expats are interested in meeting for an expat lunch once or twice a month I would certainly attend. For starters I suggest Green Life at 2743 Paraguay (Palermo). It's a vegetarian, all you can eat buffet with an Asian emphasis and its really good . The cost for lunch is 15 pesos. Drinks are extra (about 8 pesos).The restaurant is closed on Mondays. I was thinking about the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 1:30pm. If anyone is interested please send me a note. Reservations would not be required and I think it would be great if even just a few individuals show up on any particular Tuesday. They have several round tables that seat eight and are rarely used.

If there are a few positive replies, I will post that its a go for next Tuesday (the 6th).

If any other expats are interested in meeting for an expat lunch once or twice a month I would certainly attend. For starters I suggest Green Life at 2743 Paraguay (Palermo). It's a vegetarian, all you can eat buffet with an Asian emphasis and its really good . The cost for lunch is 15 pesos. Drinks are extra (about 8 pesos).The restaurant is closed on Mondays. I was thinking about the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 1:30pm. If anyone is interested please send me a note. Reservations would not be required and I think it would be great if even just a few individuals show up on any particular Tuesday. They have several round tables that seat eight and are rarely used.

If there are a few positive replies, I will post that its a go for next Tuesday (the 6th).

UPDATE: SUNDAY JANUARY4:

Lunch IS on for Tuesday at 1PM (not 1:30) but at the Cuatro Hojas Resturant in Recoleta (NOT Green Life). The address is Junin 1155 (between Arenales 2100 and Santa Fe). The cost is just a bit more : $21 pesos (plus drink), but they also are a tenedor libre (all you can eat) and they have a parilla, so carnivores will enjoy!

Please RSVP in a note to me or in a post by 3PM tomorrow so I can give them an idea of how many. Anyone who wants to can come at the last minute, but then we might not all be seated together.

Please bring currency in 10 and 20 pesos denominations so they won't have to make a lot of change. We will be individually responsible for payment.

I will be arriving Saturday afternoon and would love to go and meet some folks...and as a pesce-tarian who eats more Asian than anything else, I can't wait to try the food here!

Sounds like a great idea. If the expat lunch is still on I would like to join....

Hi,
I have also just arrived to BA for a few weeks and then beyond and would love to meet some expat locals, plus it beats eating alone.

Hi Steve, I'm able to join on tuesday, I'll see if can bring a friend too.
Thanks!

Lunch IS on for Tuesday at 1PM (not 1:30) but at the Cuatro Hojas Resturant in Recoleta (NOT Green Life). The address is Junin 1155 (between Arenales 2100 and Santa Fe). The cost is just a bit more : $21 pesos (plus drink), but they also are a tenedor libre (all you can eat) and they have a parilla, so carnivores will enjoy!

Please RSVP in a note to me or in a post by 3PM tomorrow so I can give them an idea of how many. Anyone who wants to can come at the last minute, but then we might not all be seated together.

Please bring currency in 10 and 20 pesos denominations so they won't have to make a lot of change. We will be individually responsible for payment.

When you arrive, just ask for yankee (pronounced zhankee) Steve.

Tom and I will try to attend. We're leaving weds so it depends on how packing goes.

Nancy

Based on definite "I'll be there." replies (and Tom and Nancy's maybe) I have made a reservation for 12 for lunch tomorrow. I asked the hostess if even a half dozen more showed up at the last minute and she said there would be no problem. If anyone else decides to attend, please send me a note or post here by tomorrow morning before noon. That way we'll still be able to have an additional table added to the group.

Back