Expat Pets in Buenos Aires

One - not a chance does NYC have more abandoned dogs than BsAs. Fewer dogs in shelter here - yes, probably. That's b/c here, they're dumped on the street to die and and shelters don't have the resources to pick them up. But hey, living a short life on the street, starving to death or being killed by other dogs or hit by a car - that's just natural and right.

Two - re the breeding. If your dogs are shining examples of a breed standard, you guarantee that the puppies are free of any medical issues common in that breed, you select appropriate bitches, you provide vaccinations, and basic training, screen prospective buyers and do all your homework - have it. If not, well, I think it's safe to say we don't have anything left to talk about.

bebero said:
yes, let's mutilate dogs! woohoooo!!!!

i have two male dogs and i never did and never will consider neutering them. they are sweet, well behaved, obedient and everyone that's around them tells me so.
if you neuter dogs is so they don't reproduce, not to change their behavior to suit your needs. that's just cruel.
As a responsible pet owner you should already know about the below link to maintain a healthy and happy pet. If not, I am sorry for the pet. Neutering probably added 5 years to my dogs life. If you are an Argie then I am truly sorry but can understand the mentality a little more.

http://apexvethospital.com/the-benefits-of-spaying-or-neutering-your-pet

cruizes said:
As a responsible pet owner you should already know about the below link to maintain a healthy and happy pet. If not, I am sorry for the pet. Neutering probably added 5 years to my dogs life. If you are an Argie then I am truly sorry but can understand the mentality a little more.

http://apexvethospital.com/the-benefits-of-spaying-or-neutering-your-pet

i had many many dogs over the course of my life (somewhere between 20 and 25) , neutered and not neutered and i'm pretty sure what you're saying about the 5 years is not true.

But even if it was, i have no desire to extend my dog's life by 5 years. I want him to live however long he's supposed to live. Treating a disease? Yes. Fixing what's not broken? No, thank you.

I don't have the time/energy for trolls.

Getting back to the forum topic, has anyone had to do the reverse - bring their dog back to their states? I am curious as to the process and cost.
Thanks!

Amusing. I thought I was imagining things but my dog just hates it here.

I am most inclined to think she just doesn't dig too many people walking too fast when she's trying to take a leak.

I am also interested in knowing if someone got their pet back home and how it went.

Back