Expatriates watching the Super Bowl?

thushan

Registered
I was wondering if someone knows of a good place to watch the Super Bowl in Buenos Aires with a bunch of U.S. expats, as a possible story for the Boston Globe (you can see the headline now... Expatriates watch Patriots - if they make it to the game). I'm on a trip around the world as part of the Globe's travel section: http://boston.com/travel/specials/longjaunt/ We'd love to meet up with any former Bostonians or New Englanders too. Many thanks, please email me at [email protected] if you have any tips on this or other noteworthy ideas for our stay in Buenos Aires in early Feb.

Hi,I think there are some bars which will send it but I'm not sure - so I know in a other post in this forum was a discuss about it.I will see the whole Playoff/SuperBowl games through my internet line because I've installed some special Boxes in Europe for seeing all programs off a local cable-tv line on each place in the world :)bye schef4711

Hi Guys-Sun.,
Feb. 3rd is the Expat Connection Superbowl Party @ TAZZ
in Palermo (Armenia 1744) starting @ 7 pm
(9:18pm kickoff, local time). Join on up on the third floor which will be
reserved just for us as we watch Superbowl XLII in all its glory on a giant 2
meter screen. We’ll have the US broadcast so … all those
fun commercials! From 9 pm to 12 am we’ll have 3 hours of all you can
drink Quilmes,
sodas, all you can eat pizza and free pool. Beforehand and afterward
we’ll have Happy Hour drink prices, all for $130. No doubt this is the
place to be to watch the game*RSVP REQUIRED* [email protected]
Any questions please let me know. Martin

El Alamo Bar, otherwise known as Shoeless Joe's is having a Super Bowl gathering starting at 8pm on Sunday.

I've never been, but it's suppose to be an expat hangout with decent food. Location is Uruguay 1175/77, between Santa Fe and Arenales. www.elalamobar.com

Curious too where folks are going. Of course, I'm from NY so Go Giants!! :)

"Martinf" said:
Hi Guys-Sun.,

Feb. 3rd is the Expat Connection Superbowl Party @ TAZZ

in Palermo (Armenia 1744) starting @ 7 pm

(9:18pm kickoff, local time). Join on up on the third floor which will be

reserved just for us as we watch Superbowl XLII in all its glory on a giant 2

meter screen. We’ll have the US broadcast so … all those

fun commercials! From 9 pm to 12 am we’ll have 3 hours of all you can

drink Quilmes,

sodas, all you can eat pizza and free pool. Beforehand and afterward

we’ll have Happy Hour drink prices, all for $130. No doubt this is the

place to be to watch the game*RSVP REQUIRED* [email protected]
Any questions please let me know. Martin
CHO-RE-O

The Expat Connection Super Bowl Party is US$130! This seems much more than a little steep to me (despite all that free Quilmes and pizza during the game). I'm a starving artist living in San Telmo; maybe things are different in Palermo, but I had been thinking $130 pesos was even a little pricey.
So far, the Super Bowl is not showing up on the DirecTV schedule for Sunday night.
If anyone has any further information about whether the game will be being shown at Shoeless Joe's, or anywhere else for that matter, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Tom Friend

Hola Amigo- I'm not sure where you got the information regarding our Super Bowl event on sunday, but it was incorrect. The price is $130 pesos and NOT $130 US dollars. All the events we do are priced in Pesos. If you have any questions please let me know and if you'd like to RSVP for sunday, please do it by emailing [email protected]mailto:[email protected]Hope to see you there-Martin

I do think $130 pesos seems a bit pricey to me unless you plan on eating a lot of pizza and drinking a lot of beer. Maybe for guys this is a deal...

Shoeless Joe's is indeed showing the superbowl.

Quoting "wendygkane":
"I do think $130 pesos seems a bit pricey to me unless you plan on eating a lot of pizza and drinking a lot of beer. Maybe for guys this is a deal . . . ."
Not for this guy.

Back