Expats meet up this Friday night

ok go sit on your own in a back street bar...we are ex-pats and we,ve spent too many years doing just that,,,hope you,ll come and join us Conifer..saludos

Man, Howard, ease up. Just pointing out that there are better places on the same block with MUCH more reasonable prices!

conifer said:
Man, Howard, ease up. Just pointing out that there are better places on the same block with MUCH more reasonable prices!
point taken,all I did was arrange a starting/meeting point which many people know and it,s easy to find,If I wanted BETTER bars and easier to get to I,d go HERE in San Isidro where I live.I try to think of others who travel by cab,train,bus etc.I will drive in,30-40 mins at least for me:confused:

It all depends on what people want. If they want a bar, Mamaracha is not the place. It's more of a daytime cafe, nighttime restaurant. A bit of a poser place and very expensive (probably close to 30 pesos for a sandwich now), although the food is tasty. It's always crowded and there is usually a wait for a table, especially outside.
Sugar across the street at that time is not crowded and has a 7 peso happy hour on pints, wine or mixed drinks (disclosure: I used to own Sugar but now have no financial or any other interest in it). Much better chance of getting a table there that will accomodate people straggling in at various times. They also have pizzas, empanadas and picadas.
On Malabia on the other side of the park is a pizza place that's supposed to be good although I have not tried it.
Limbo Lounge (across the street and down Costa Rica a little bit from Mamaracha) might be a bit more flexible on the seating as well, but I don't know about the food situation there and it is quite small.
There's also the "brew pub" Antares on Armenia, but Friday night at that time it will be very crowded with the after work bunch.

Conifer, thanks for your recommendations, they are good - so, would be good if you start a thread for a night out at one of those places in the future.

But Howard started a great thread, generously offering to make plans - so I will come, as I hope others will. If it's too expensive for some, I'm sure they will decline or simply not turn up. That's ok! And if the night becomes too expensive, I will simply have a short night - no problem in that.

Conifer dont ever try to help or recommend anything on this site you will get your head bit off..hahaha...

Back