Expats Not Immigrants

So much bruhaha over choice of words ... reminds me that the proper word for describing a person of dark hue has changed lots of times in my lifetime. It has gotten so bad that I heard a us congress critter refer to an actual african as an african-american, I assume because thats the current politically correct word, and the the guy had no clue it might have actual meaning beyond skin color. (I always wonder if a Caucasian person that was born in say South Africa and moved to the US should be called African-American?)
Expat reference is tied to the 'home' country, anywhere in the world you happen to be other than your home you become an expat. Anyone can be an expat.
Immigrant reference is tied to the country you are currently in and perhaps your intent towards that country. A simple tourist would not be an immigrant, beyond that I think it gets a it fuzzy, probably because the rules change depending on the country.
You can certainly be both.

Welcome to newspeak!

If I make fun of Americans speaking Spanish (the accent), am I a racist?

What Cristina wrote was dumb and not even funny, but racist? Poor fuh vore.

If I make fun of Americans speaking Spanish (the accent), am I a racist?

What Cristina wrote was dumb and not even funny, but racist? Poor fuh vore.

If you make fun of how American inner city black people speak, is that racist? Try it out in public in the USA and let me know the results. While you are at it, try making the r and l switch in the streets of China town and let me know how it goes.

Extreme racism against argentines from an american
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpOfFlX8gc
:)

Right, i have over a hundred expats clients fron China: they don't plan to stay, they dob't like here, they compain about everything, they dream about to go back...standard immigrants, like all of you.

Extreme racism against argentines from an american
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpOfFlX8gc
:)

I think the only ones offended are non-Argentines. Every Argentine I known that has seen that video think it's hilarous and they aren't offended by it. Then again, Argentine's aren't hyper sensitive. They even make fun of themselves. My Argentine friend just returned from a two month trip in Australia and her first impression being back home is that she feel like she's in "Planet of the Apes". I couldn't belive she made that offensive comment about her own people. Anyone that has seen Dustin's other videos plus his interview on CNN, will realize that he loves Argentines. He actually made an effort to lose his North American accent learn to sound like a porteño. You can hardly compare his love for Castellano wih KFC's gross comment about how the Chinese can't prounounce the letter "L".

I think the only ones offended are non-Argentines. Every Argentine I known that has seen that video think it's hilarous and they aren't offended by it. Then again, Argentine's aren't hyper sensitive. They even make fun of themselves. My Argentine friend just returned from a two month trip in Australia and her first impression being back home is that she feel like she's in "Planet of the Apes". I couldn't belive she made that offensive comment about her own people. Anyone that has seen Dustin's other videos plus his interview on CNN, will realize that he loves Argentines. He actually made an effort to lose his North American accent learn to sound like a porteño. You can hardly compare his love for Castellano wih KFC's gross comment about how the Chinese can't prounounce the letter "L".

The guy is clearly a gifted mimic. Satire is not racism.

Right, i have over a hundred expats clients fron China: they don't plan to stay, they dob't like here, they compain about everything, they dream about to go back...standard immigrants, like all of you.
Do you know why all your clients from China wanting to go back to their homeland? They can never out clever the Viveza criollo Argentino..However they stay behind in African lands way after their roads and bridge building contracts ended there..The Chinos can
whichmatake the Africanos but not the Vivos y Ladrones,Estafadores Argentinos, that's is why !

The simple ¨Queja Test¨.
Si me Quejo .. then I´m feeling the pinch of the system .. therefore I´m an integral part of the system .. therefore I´m an Argie ... i.e. IMMIGRANT.

If I´m not in the system or affected by it, and have options (other than complain), ... then I´m an EXPAT.

How is that for a plain English over simplified unambiguous clear and concise definition ?
(pages long essays are not effective)

Shoot !

(I´ve been known to be always different from the overwhelming majority with colorful language and provocative opinion.)
P.S. I´m talking about hard core complaining like economy, ... etc etc
I´m not referring to inconveniences and quirkies like driving, food ... etc etc

Back