Expats or Backpackers?

Granada, I think your estimate of what can be made in UK and Europe are a little low, but, and this is the big one, here I pay 40% tax. I would be interested to know the tax situation in Argentina.

"There is no logical reason to invest in Argentina if you know how to make money in the first world."
It is logical to invest anywhere you desire to keep a home or at least spend a great deal of one's time/life.

sorry forget something else Granada said earlier on this thread
"Why would you want to live in Argentina if you have enough to live somewhere else?"
well I know why I would because I have an Anglo/Argentine husband and a child that was born here. I also invest here. Investing is not all about a dead cert, its also about speculation and taking chances. There are many "chances" in Argentina as I can vouch ,as in my case within media. I have several friends that are doing very well in certain investments here. Many of these investments entail land and agricultural operations.
As you dont believe in investing in Argentina and are neither in a realationship as far as I gather......................do put us out of our misery granada:
Why are you here? as you obviously dont invest in Argentina are you here because you can not afford to live anywhere else?

"auntieapple" said:
sorry forget something else Granada said earlier on this thread
"Why would you want to live in Argentina if you have enough to live somewhere else?"
well I know why I would because I have an Anglo/Argentine husband and a child that was born here. I also invest here. Investing is not all about a dead cert, its also about speculation and taking chances. There are many "chances" in Argentina as I can vouch ,as in my case within media. I have several friends that are doing very well in certain investments here. Many of these investments entail land and agricultural operations.
As you dont believe in investing in Argentina and are neither in a realationship as far as I gather......................do put us out of our misery granada:
Why are you here? as you obviously dont invest in Argentina are you here because you can not afford to live anywhere else?
I was talking about foreigners, not about Argentines. And having a child and a husband who brings a pay-check home is a good reason to live in Argentina
But that does not seem the reason of Syncgirl.

but I am foreign Granada and my husband earns outside of Argentina. Plus the fact my husbands parents are british.

oh I forgot to add that the frinds that are investing here are also British.
But to be perfectly honest you are right in that unless I had to be here for other reasons I certainly would not go out of my way to come to Argentina to invest per se. Proably because I would much prefer to live somewhere else. It is also true that my friends that invest here do so because they are involved in a business that requires very large expanses of land and that is easier to find in Argentina. Its difficult to find 12,000 acres of land at one go in Europe. Apart from the cost involved one just does not find such expanses of land adequate for agriculture and livestock.
But still Granada one can make good investments here.
You still decline to tell us what keeps you in Argentina Granada !

"auntieapple" said:
oh I forgot to add that the frinds that are investing here are also British.
But to be perfectly honest you are right in that unless I had to be here for other reasons I certainly would not go out of my way to come to Argentina to invest per se. Proably because I would much prefer to live somewhere else. It is also true that my friends that invest here do so because they are involved in a business that requires very large expanses of land and that is easier to find in Argentina. Its difficult to find 12,000 acres of land at one go in Europe. Apart from the cost involved one just does not find such expanses of land adequate for agriculture and livestock.
But still Granada one can make good investments here.
You still decline to tell us what keeps you in Argentina Granada !
If you require lot´s of land there are plenty of countries that are more interesting then Argentina.
There are hardly any European farmers who want to migrate who pick Argentina

its not about farmers migrating Granada. Its about finding a place where one can have breeding programs with a suitable climate. There is no where else cheaper with more suitable land thats comes in such big parcels for the type of programs that my husband or some friends require. If you know somewhere do tell me.

Snort.. Granada, your posts make me laugh. You know nothing about what my business is but in point of fact, there are very good reasons to invest here. And in point of fact, you can make much more money doing so here than in say, London or NY. If you couldn't, I would have quit my job there.

But seriously, keep on making assumptions. They are very good for a laugh..

Will I be here forever? No idea - there may be options that come up that require me to move elsewhere. But I didn't quit a good job, give up an apt, sell my investments in the states to come here for fun.

But whatever floats your boat to think, have at it..

"citygirl" said:
Snort.. Granada, your posts make me laugh. You know nothing about what my business is but in point of fact, there are very good reasons to invest here. And in point of fact, you can make much more money doing so here than in say, London or NY. If you couldn't, I would have quit my job there.

But seriously, keep on making assumptions. They are very good for a laugh..

Will I be here forever? No idea - there may be options that come up that require me to move elsewhere. But I didn't quit a good job, give up an apt, sell my investments in the states to come here for fun.

But whatever floats your boat to think, have at it..
Again send me an note in 2010, 2009 will probally do as well

Back