Expired Precaria

Is it possible to be granted entry to Argentina as a tourist anywhere other than at the port of entry (e.g., Ezeiza)? Probably not. So the issue is not whether she can be granted a tourist entry while still holding a valid Precaria; the issue is that she can't be granted a tourist entry until she actually sets foot on Argentine soil. If she can't come back before the Precaria expiry day, then unless you get a lawyer to try and make a special exception, I think you simply return on your next trip to Argentina, she presents her foreign passport like any other foreigner on the flight, the border official grants her the usual 90-day entry permit. Then, if she still wants residency, she starts the process all over again by presenting all her documents.

I sent an e-mail to the IMMIGRATION office… and yes, they were not helpful at all. Not surprised. Guess I’ll just try to renew it online and make a decision from there.

Thank you, guys.

While you are thinking about this, a rhetorical question only:

How much will it cost you, emotionally and financially, to fly back to Argentina - just her, maybe, and just to get the tramites under way? And how much will it cost you, emotionally and financially, to go back to square one with the application?

While you are thinking about this, a rhetorical question only:

How much will it cost you, emotionally and financially, to fly back to Argentina - just her, maybe, and just to get the tramites under way? And how much will it cost you, emotionally and financially, to go back to square one with the application?

I really appreciate your input. That is a good question, indeed. In the position that we find ourselves, both could cost me a bunch. That is, in both areas. I think I’ll wait to see if I can get it renewed online -even though it’s technically not possible, I’ve read some people managed to do it while outside the country. If I can’t, I’ll just take the risk and come back.

Funny thing is that we are hoping to move out of the country too (soon)… but I still can’t bet they’ll approve her residency by the time we leave. I wonder, could I request for a fast track in that case?

You can put in a request to expedite the trámite for anything I believe. I've done it twice, once on my own and once through my lawyer. Neither worked.

You can put in a request to expedite the trámite for anything I believe. I've done it twice, once on my own and once through my lawyer. Neither worked.

I’ll give that a try, wish me luck 😅 haha

I renewed my precaria online. Around 15 days before the date of expiry, the system will allow you to renew it online. You just click on it (even if it says error, which it might like in my case) and as long as the Fecha renovacion Precaria (see below) registers the time of when you actually click to renew in the system, it means your renewal is already registered into the system and a few days after that, your precaria will be renewed for another 90 days and you can print it out or save as a PDF file. I hope this helps.

View attachment 9413
Hello there again! So I did apply online and a date is showing, just like what you showed me :)

Now, waiting for good news 🗞️😅

Back