Expired Residencia Precaria

denacho

Registered
hi all!

i got my residencia precaria (i have applied for temporary residency until dec 2015) november 13, 2014, and the expiry date was feb 11, 2015. i had a trip planned for back home (US) from dec 16th to feb 20, so i thought i should apply for an extension while i was still in the country so i could go to migraciones if there were any problems. i applied for a renovación of the precaria dec 12. problem was, as they told me a few days later in migraciones, this was too early. they told me that i should do the online renovación thingie again in the beginning of february and there would be no problems.

problem is, it won't let me submit a new request for a renovación because it said i already did on the 12th, but it hasn't given me a new precaria! it says "en la etapa de supervisión". before i got the precaria, i had a lot of tourist stamps and also some other visa transitorias. my residency is still in tramite. i am traveling back to bsas on thursday with this still-expired precaria.

will there be a problem getting back into the country? (i had applied for a student visa, and i still have all my paperwork and stuff with me for border crossing)

thanks so much for all your help

Very doubtful you'll have problems. To date, the only stories of people ever being turned back were serial overstayers and/or 'visa runners' (people who were leaving every 90 days to stay 'legal', but for all intents were living here, 'pseudo-tourists' in Argentine terms). And even in those 2 categories, it appears only a very small percentage has ever had problems.

Unless contradicted by bajo_cero, I'd say you either say nothing, or better - simply show your expired precaria and indicate that you are processing your residency papers. The likelihood of your having problems is extremely low.

Denacho, you shouldn't have any problems. I had a smilier issue a few weeks ago, my precaria expired while I was out of the country and couldn't renew it online. When i arrived at immigration i explained that my precaria had expired but that I had an appointment at migraciones the next day to renew it. They seemed to be ok with that and let me enter on a tourist visa, the next day I was able to renew the precaria in migraciones.

Hi all! I am hoping you all may be able to send along some advice! This forum has been so helpful in the past. I
am in process of requesting the residencia precaria and have a turno for the 11th of March, but am hoping to get in earlier because I have to travel on the 12th of March. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not there might be a way I can get in earlier, without paying the $150 rush fee?

Also, I believe the difference between the precaria and the temporary residencia is that the precaria comes without dni and is for 7 months and renewable, while the temporary residence allows you to concurrently apply for dni and is for 1 year renewable? I originally wanted to apply for a dni and temporary, but because i am currently registered as a part time extrernal student with a scholarship coming from the U.S. to write my dissertation, it seems I am not currently able to apply for a dni. Thanks so much for any info you can provide! i am very grateful!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not there might be a way I can get in earlier, without paying the $150 rush fee?

I don't know how you could get in earlier without paying the $150 rush fee, but unless you know for sure that's the fee as of today, it may have increased (possibly doubled) over the weekend along with all the other fees.

I don't know. My precaria (for permanent residency) was only good for three months. I had to renew my expired precaria (another story) and it cost $10 ARS per renewal (one for me and a couple for the kids). Perhaps you can get a turno at a different office of Migraciones--like say, La Plata? It's less busy and may have more options for appointments (then again, I'm pretty sure once you start the process in one place you're kind of stuck to that place).

You can get a turno for today if to pay 1500 pesos is ok fir you

You can get a turno for today if to pay 1500 pesos is ok fir you

So the rush fee is $1500 pesos, not $150...

$150 sounded too good to be true as well too low for an expat to really want to avoid paying.

Back