Expired Visa Fee Levied when exiting by bus?

Shwidelson

Registered
OK, probably a stupid question, but I think I've heard that maybe they don't hit you with this when crossing the border out of Argentina by land? Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, does anyone know if the Bolivian entry fee for U.S. citizens can be avoided if traveling by land as well? Thanks!

I'd think you'd need to pay it beforehand. This can be done at the Migraciones office in Retiro 10-15 days prior, after which the "habilitación salida" loses its validity.

Things could have changed in the last 2 years but the last time I crossed the Andes from Arg to Chile through the Redentor Pass for a weekend of seafood every bus that came through was disembarked and everyone proceded through Migraciones. They ran sniffing dogs (for drugs and people) through the buses, as well.

In 2008 my wife and I crossed into Bolivia via motorcycle on our honeymoon. They checked our documents three times in 90 meters.

Your mileage may vary.

Things may differ from border to border (I doubt it), but I crossed over to Chile with an expired visa a couple of years ago and had to pay the AR$ 300,-

300 pesos to pay exceeding 90 days in argentina on tourist visa.

Us passport holder visa and fee FOR ENTERING BOLIVIA not avoided bY entering by land.

Back