Explosions?

My real thanks to all. Next I begin to hear them I intend to rush out and locate the noise. It seems a small explosive capable of such a concussion could not be loosed off without some form of property damage. Perhaps this is the reason for the destroyed pavements everywhere.

There is a dog keeps getting onto my roof and waking me with its claws on the skylight glass. Perhaps an application one of these protester artillery charges will discourage the hound at last.

Defo protesters, I work in Microcentro (Defensa con Belgrano) and I heard them on different occasions, one of my students told me they were fireworks shot by people protesting next to the Municipality building, it is kind of scary as I am on top of a very tall building and I can see the pigeons flying away from the square as if they were trying to shoot at them!

I've heard the explosions in Villa Crespo several times, always at night. Most definitely as loud as dynamite. Could be firecrackers, could be protests, but I'm pretty sure it's not someone suffering from an unusually dodgy choripan.

A few days ago I was riding my bike through Chacaritas at night and I saw a large group of people dancing around an enormous bonfire in the middle of the street. They were screaming an shoving one another and setting off small-scale fireworks. It looked like some kind of pagan sacrifice ritual. I didn't write down the exact location. As soon as I saw a couple of the crazy revelers take notice of me my instinct was to get the fuck out of there immediately. Besides, there didn't appear to be any women among them. Anyway, later I heard explosions coming from roughly the same area. I've often wondered how many hobos died that night.

David Byrne once called Buenos Aires a city of vampires. Maybe it's a city of bomb-throwing satan worshipers, too. Or maybe I'm thinking of Washington, DC.

Choripán said:
I've heard the explosions in Villa Crespo several times, always at night. Most definitely as loud as dynamite. Could be firecrackers, could be protests, but I'm pretty sure it's not someone suffering from an unusually dodgy choripan.

A few days ago I was riding my bike through Chacaritas at night and I saw a large group of people dancing around an enormous bonfire in the middle of the street. They were screaming an shoving one another and setting off small-scale fireworks. It looked like some kind of pagan sacrifice ritual. I didn't write down the exact location. As soon as I saw a couple of the crazy revelers take notice of me my instinct was to get the fuck out of there immediately. Besides, there didn't appear to be any women among them. Anyway, later I heard explosions coming from roughly the same area. I've often wondered how many hobos died that night.

David Byrne once called Buenos Aires a city of vampires. Maybe it's a city of bomb-throwing satan worshipers, too. Or maybe I'm thinking of Washington, DC.
Chori, apart from protesters, carnival, New Year and Xmas, etc those crazy bombs are used a lot by fans of soccer teams as they march towards the games ( that is the case of Villa Crespo and Chacarita, eternal B division soccer rivals )

Loud fireworks don't make the sound that you are talking about. I've heard large firecrackers explode right next to me in the street, and its different from that lasting booming that you are talking about.

I have heard it to and the only explanation I can think of is it that is coming from construction sites. Most of them use those heavy concrete dumpsters that I assume are changed out every now and then. The noise sounds like it could be when they are dropping off these dumpsters.

Just my suggestion. I've been curious to and it's the only thing i can think of that would cause that booming noise.

Back