Exporting A Car!

trennod

Registered
For a car bought and registered here in Argentina. Can it be done by Argentine residents? Anyone have any idea of the costs involved in getting it through Aduana etc (say it gets through successfully).

Thanks.

Unless it's a car that you truly love, you should probably sell it here, take the money, and buy a new/used car wherever you're going. Cars here are very expensive.

We just sold a 3 year old car and the price we sold it for isn't that far from the price of the same car new in Europe. (Using official numbers, but still.)

Personally I wouldn't bother with the paperwork and aduana.

Unless it's a car that you truly love, you should probably sell it here, take the money, and buy a new/used car wherever you're going. Cars here are very expensive.

We just sold a 3 year old car and the price we sold it for isn't that far from the price of the same car new in Europe. (Using official numbers, but still.)

And how will you purchase anything beyond these borders with Argentine pesos?

Thats not answering my question, unfortunately. Do you have any idea of Aduana fees and what is involved in the process?

This depends on where you are taking it, what country are you taking it to? I think your main concern is the country you are going to... as that is the place you will be paying the most to get it through customs.

This depends on where you are taking it, what country are you taking it to? I think your main concern is the country you are going to... as that is the place you will be paying the most to get it through customs.

Thanks Peony, the country it would be going to is Australia. I already have an idea of the fees to get it through Aust customs and on the road, but what I am after is an idea of the Aduana end.

A safer bet (and maybe cheaper too) would be to drive to Chile and export it from there (less distance by boat/less coimas).

Since your purpose is to be able to take your pesos back to Aus, you could also buy a vehicle with a good profit margin (like an antique one:
http://www.arcar.org/bmw-isetta-300-52554

Argentine residents that are moving Abroad have allowances to take with them household effects and vehicles depending on the value and period of ownership . Must Consult with Aduana headquarters at Plaza de MAyo

A safer bet (and maybe cheaper too) would be to drive to Chile and export it from there (less distance by boat/less coimas).

Since your purpose is to be able to take your pesos back to Aus, you could also buy a vehicle with a good profit margin (like an antique one:
http://www.arcar.org...setta-300-52554

Frenchie,,,, good candid comments but no cigar.

Exporting from Chile a car with Argentine Plates on a temporary entry permit..... :cool:
Exporting a car you recently purchased in Argentina, maybe possible?? :cool:

Did you forget about the part with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car?

It will cost you at least $25k AUS to convert it to right hand drive.

Back