Exporting Argentine Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveinbsas

Registered
As I indicated in another thread, I am starting this new thread about the regulations regarding exporting artworks from Argentina and the negative impact on the art market in Argentina.

As I previously posted:

The rational behind the controls on the exportation of Argentine art is so that the "great artworks" of Argentina will not be lost to the international art market. Only Italy has more controls regarding the export of art...but I daresay that Italy has a helluva lot more art treasures than Argentina.

As a result of the regulations, Argentine art (especially from the 20th century) is unbelievably CHEAP in Argentina (if you know where to shop).

A lithograph by Juan Manuel Sanchez sells for $1200 dollars in Canada.

In Argentina an original BY THE SAME ARTIST would sell for much less than the lithograph in Canada.

Click on my signature to see a few examples. Luis Cordiviola is considered on of the top 100 artists of Argentina in the past 200 years! I am offering two of his paintings with a base price of $2400 and one for $1800 PESOS.

And I am presently offering nine paintings by Menghi for $3600.

And, just for fun, go to my blog www.argentineart.blogspot.com.

Click on "view my complete profile" to see additional blogs.

There is only one painting in all of them that could possibly sell for more than $7000 pesos in Argentina.

It's the portrait of Jose Luis Menghi by Fortunado LaCamera. There are (side by side) paintings by both of them in the Galaria Bellas Artes Quinquela Martin in La Boca.

I love the paintings by Menghi!

A painting by Juanna Lumerman sold at a Southeby's auction of Latin American art in NYC 1995 for just under $7000 DOLLARS. I have the catalog and the published results.

In Argentina today, her original artworks (similar to the one sold in NYC) sell for less than $700 pesos.

I know this as a matter of fact. I have several similar artworks by Lumerman that I bought at the lower price in 2008...in Argentina.

Its_not_me said:
Finding a way to loot a country is worse than chasing chicas in a disco?

Please explain how selling art equals looting a country..especially when prostitution is legal in Argentina and many of the prostitutes are Argentine citizens...and offer no obras de arte...solo un poco tiempo...which can never be resold.

Its_not_me said:
Your bragging about making profit from artwork that has been deemed it. Not for export! Can't egg much more clearer

Are you dumber than a box of rocks?

Of course I wanted to make a profit on the art works I bought. If dealers can't make a profit the artists can't sell their works, period.

I will be lucky if I can sell what I bought for the price I paid in 2007...even in Argentina..

And the artists (those who are still alive) really are starving.

Your bragging ain't breaking the export laws yet you flame me yor gen to a disco after hot girls that I don't pay for? Your house is made from glass Che boludo

I do not advocate breaking the laws regarding the export of art.

If you have the appropriate paperwork, there is no export tax on original artworks taken out of Argentina and no import tax on original artworks when you enter the USA,

It's that simple.

I know from experience.

We should Meeet up one day for lunchanddeat our beef,i prreeeer lomo o sweetbreads can bring. Hotchica for you but you said yoou have manyI'm extending the olive branch

Suerte

Its_not_me said:
We should Meeet up one day for lunchanddeat our beef,i prreeeer lomo o sweetbreads can bring. Hotchica for you but you said yoou have manyI'm extending the olive branch

Suerte

Perhaps you spell better when you're sober....

Nonetheless, come on down. I'll meet you at the bus station in Bahia Blanca.

currently going through the proper tramite to export MY OWN art out of argentina. it is difficult and complicated but not impossible. takes about 10 days and a few trips to different offices.

i brought my own art out of ITALY in 2010 and it was nowhere near as complicated. i have to say Argentina is really hurting its own Argentine artists in this export procedure more than anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back