Exporting Products From Argentina To Europe

Styleles

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with this? I was recently thinking about setting up a business in europa to import some stuff from Argentina. I know about the european side of the process (or at least i know people who know), but i have no experience with doing export business here from Argentina. The fact that I do not have a DNI will probably also not make things easier.

Anyone got some advice where to start my research?

http://www.proargentina.gov.ar/paginas/docguia/INSCRIPCIONENADUANACOMOIMPORTADOR.pdf will probably come in handy. You'll have to find someone with a DNI and CUIT to set it up for you. Also that someone will need to know how things are done in Argentina...if you're a stickler for rules and following the regulations to the letter then it might be better to forget about setting up a business in Argentina. One has to be comfortable with argentine way of things.

It may depend on what you're exporting.
My brother used to import into the UK from here, so the exporter was the manufacturer via a customs agent (despachante) who was instructed to use UPS for small shipments less than USD3000 and a groupage service for over that amount.
I simply assisted with the language and coordination.

I suggest you get in touch with these guys:
www.exportar.org.ar/‎
They have tons of classes, some free, to help you get started, can arrange group exportations and advise, etc.
You will need to get facturas E for exportation if you want to get paid here, and to get that you first need to be IVA inscripto (factura A), but with factura E there is no IVA added. This way you can go to the bank and get paid without showing too much paperwork. Shop around for banks, they differ a lot in how much paperwork you need to do to get paid (assuming you will be getting paid into an Argentine bank account).
Right now the government wants to encourage exportations so they will give you a lot of help.

I suggest you get in touch with these guys:
www.exportar.org.ar/‎
They have tons of classes, some free, to help you get started, can arrange group exportations and advise, etc.
You will need to get facturas E for exportation if you want to get paid here, and to get that you first need to be IVA inscripto (factura A), but with factura E there is no IVA added. This way you can go to the bank and get paid without showing too much paperwork. Shop around for banks, they differ a lot in how much paperwork you need to do to get paid (assuming you will be getting paid into an Argentine bank account).
Right now the government wants to encourage exportations so they will give you a lot of help.
The government wants Dollars and they will help [sort of] but remember that the government is focused on dollars and cannot see past wanting something, they haven't figured out the How To part regarding Help. Further, the despachante, the port workers [and they are many], AFIP, the Banks and the transport people want blood. Your blood. It is as thought the entire system works against itself to make the process unprofitable and unpredictable. Add to this that the rules for shipment number 1 will not be the rules for shipment number 2. Good luck.

This is somewhat problematic ... but your best bet is probably to get in touch with some friendly smugglers in e.g. Formosa on the border of Paraguay. It will reduce the paperwork considerably, if you get them to transfer the articles to Alberdi on the other side of the river. They also reduce the paperwork in connexion with import into Argentina, if needed.

Why so negative? It can be done.
So much of this depends on how you structure it.

Thanks a lot all, i will have a good look at all this info over the weekend!

Our business is 99% exports, we have had no problems. There is a lot of government help. Yes, it is because they want hard currency. But I don´t feel like "they want my blood" and we are actually surprised by how low our tax bill is. Just be smart about it, get a good accountant and ask for help.

Montauk - are you exporting tangible goods? How do you deal with the shipping costs?

We had a client buy a saddle here and some other small items of tack So the box was decent sized but not huge nor heavy as it was all leather products. We sent that box and a small envelop with some documents. To ship those two items to her in the US, it was 2503 pesos. And we shopped around to get that rate. I couldn't believe it but that's just what it costs. I was trying to figure out how exporters handle it on the regular.

Back