Extend the period of visa-free regime

Gabrielg

Registered
Hi, i want to stay more then 3 months and my country is in visa free regime with Argentina, (i don't want "visa run" option, since it is not stable)
1. Do i have chances to extend and how many times?
2. what documents do i need and where do i need to apply to ,are there strict lows regarding to extension?
3. how much does it cost?
Thanks.

All you need is your passport and you can only get one 90 day extension (aka the prorroga de permanencia).

There aren't any other laws regarding the extension.

I'm not sure of the current cost. There is a 30 day grace period if you ask for the extension after your 90 day tourist permit has expired and the cost of the extension will increase by 50%.

PS: If you visit the migraciones website you will learn exactly where to go and at what time of day you can ask for the extension.

Last edited:
Thank you
All you need is your passport and you can only get one 90 day extension (aka the prorroga de permanencia).

There aren't any other laws regarding the extension.

I'm not sure of the current cost. There is a 30 day grace period if you ask for the extension after your 90 day tourist permit has expired and the cost of the extension will increase by 50%.

PS: If you visit the migraciones website you will learn exactly where to go and at what time of day you can ask for the extension.
Thank you so much, of course i hope my temporary visa will be approved by the end of 90 days and won't be required to take alternative and complicated ways.

i hope my temporary visa will be approved by the end of 90 days and won't be required to take alternative and complicated ways.

To get the 90 day extension you must go to migraciones no more than ten days before your first 90 day tourist permit expires (and no more than 30 days after).

It is not a complicated process. All you have to do is ask for it and pay the fee (less than $3000 pesos if your tourist permit has not expired, but I'm not sure how much less).

PS: Your passport will be stamped with a new date by which you should leave the country to avoid having to pay a fee of $4500 pesos (at the present rates) for an overstay of up to two years.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you so much, of course i hope my temporary visa will be approved by the end of 90 days and won't be required to take alternative and complicated ways.
Hi Gabriel, 1 question: When you say "I hope my temporary visa will be approved by the end of 90 days".... does it mean that you have already filed an application which is being analized? Do you have a Provisory Residency Certificate (Certificado de Residencia Precaria) valid for 90 days?. If so, then you need to know that this is NOT (!) a Tourism Visa anymore, and you just need to renew this certificate online for another 90-day segment. I can explain more, but first I would need confirmation on this as I wouldn´t want to confuse you!

Hi Gabriel, 1 question: When you say "I hope my temporary visa will be approved by the end of 90 days".... does it mean that you have already filed an application which is being analized? Do you have a Provisory Residency Certificate (Certificado de Residencia Precaria) valid for 90 days?. If so, then you need to know that this is NOT (!) a Tourism Visa anymore, and you just need to renew this certificate online for another 90-day segment. I can explain more, but first I would need confirmation on this as I wouldn´t want to confuse you!
Hi Cassiopeia, i don't have Provisory Residency Certificate(i am not from Mercosur even though my country is in visa free regime with Argentina and don't have employment offer from Argentina). i have applied to embassy(even though there is no answer yet) for rentista visa by means of income(however it is not passive income, i am a programmer), but i have submitted my job contract which states that at least for 1 year i won't be fired. Also my savings are enough for receiving more than 50% of required money if i put it in trust account. By and large, my income per month exceeds the required money for rentista 3 times.

Hi Gabrielg, I strongly suggest not to apply for the Rentier "rentista" visa. It is subject to a lot of scrutiny and it has a high rejection rate. I can give you very good ideas on how to request a different type of visa. Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]. Take care!

Back