Extention of 2 year permeant residency return requirements

Pensador

Registered
I am supposed be back by Nov this year but really do not want to travel in the current pandemic circumstances. Has immigrations made any accommodations for this? I want to go back but prefer just sort of isolating till this is over. Hate to have to go thought the whole residency thing all over again. Any thoughts or in the know about this?

Last edited:
I am supposed be back by Nov this year but really do not want to travel in the current pandemic circumstances. Has immigrations made any accommodations for this? I want to go back but prefer just sort of isolating till this is over. Hate to have to go thought the whole residency thing all over again. Any thoughts or in the know about this?

I consulted an Argentine immigration lawyer a couple of months ago who told me that nothing had changed, no extensions. You could email or call your closest Argentine consulate. Please let us know what response you get.

I haven't been back in 4 years, the consulate in Washington DC told me it was fine to enter as a resident as long as my DNI isn't expired. I don't think they will revoke it if you are still married to a citizen or you have a child with citizenship. I know the rules say otherwise. I am going to wait until it is open to tourists before testing that advice.

The lawyer told me it's unpredicatble, up to the immigration official at Ezeiza. He did say to just act normal when you enter and not call attetion to any dates or ask questions.

Where are you now? Still in Uruguay?

Yes, and sadly to many people are not taking this seriously. Last time I got on bus people started taking their face masks off as soon as they sat down. That was the last time I got on a bus. I still have months to go but want to get in the know or do anything I might need to do with some lead time. We know how red tape works. I have a friend contacting some lawyers over there etc. I have a friend in MVD who is going to try and get some info as well. But even info can change from person to person as we know. So I want to make sure I know for sure what the deal is. I will post when or if I know anything concerning this that I believe is accurate.

Thanks for the replies.

If Pensador is in Uruguay and has residence there and here, it should be relatively simple to take the ferry across, I don't think there are too many passengers right now so the risk has to be relatively low. I think Buquebus insist on having a negative PCR as well.

If Pensador is in Uruguay and has residence there and here, it should be relatively simple to take the ferry across, I don't think there are too many passengers right now so the risk has to be relatively low. I think Buquebus insist on having a negative PCR as well.
If Pensador was willing to let his wife go over COVID, I highly doubt he is stepping onto a ferry with the possibility of exposure given the current climate.

Came across this today which might answer some questions folks have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caribbean Women's Forum 2
E Expat Life 5
Back