Extra ! Extra! Read all ´bout it !!

Can anyone please tell me what is the maximum you can withdraw from which bank? I don't want to pay 15.60 for every 300 pesos, but not a huge deal if you are already getting a good exchange rate and able to withdraw at least 1000 each time. It is still a much better deal than those exchange places in town.

I have not received my Nationwide Flex card from UK yet - it is supposed to be no fee.

I can clear up some confusion about the Schwab account ATM rebate. Schwab Bank has a regular, basic, and interest checking accounts. Forget about these accounts as they limit how much they will rebate your ATM fees. The one account that you want to have is the High Yield Investor checking account. This is the account that gives you unlimited ATM reimbursements. The catch is ( of course, there is a catch ) you need to open a Schwab One brokerage account that links to the Hi Yield Checking account. You don't need to buy stocks/bonds or anything like that but you do need to either 1> deposit US$1000 or 2> have US$100 automatically deposited into your account on a monthly basis. Either of these two will allow you to open the Hi Yield Checking account.

The .1% sounds about right. It's so negligible, I don't even notice it.

Hope that clears things up.

As far as the maximum you can withdraw, I believe it varies from bank to bank. I withdraw 690 pesos at the Galactic or Galicia ATM located in the Shell station on Honduras/Justo

i have withdrawn 1,000 pesos numerous times from many different banks here using their ATM's...you just click "other amount" and enter 1,000....

Totus and BA Art, this is great info!!! Thanks for the Schwab link with the FAQ.

Apparently, there are NO fees for low balance or for service. I was thinking of keeping my old checking account and just transferring money from one to the other whenever I need to make a withdrawal. Do you see any potential fee "catch" in this plan having had these accounts for a while?

Do you know whether I could do all the necessary paperwork from here to open these accounts? Would they mail the card here?

Back