Extra holidays?

coolhunter said:
This is just for public workers. Private companies are not to be affected.

Officially you are correct (so far), but I would say "vamos a ver".

I think that by this Friday that it will be decided that the entire country gets those days off except for workers in the restaurant, tourism, journalism, and many other service industries.

:eek:

Decided by who? the government. They only urge companies to do the same. for the companies it's a matter of profit and business. Especially in peak sales season they will not want to be closed especially big companies here.

coolhunter said:
Decided by who? the government. They only urge companies to do the same. for the companies it's a matter of profit and business. Especially in peak sales season they will not want to be closed especially big companies here.

My English student today, who does computer consulting at a small firm for big clients, told me that "Nobody is going to work on the 23rd & the 26th of December anyway."

But he's Argentine, so what would he know? :p

Napoleon said:
My English student today, who does computer consulting at a small firm for big clients, told me that "Nobody is going to work on the 23rd & the 26th of December anyway."

But he's Argentine, so what would he know? :p

Well my Argentine lawyer of 25 years experience who has his own law firm told me it's not mandatory for private companies only public workers.

Experienced Argentine Lawyer Vs. Student. I wonder who could be right ;)

it's not mandatory for private companies, but most of the people I know will not be working. when I worked in an office we always got those days off too.

coolhunter said:
Well my Argentine lawyer of 25 years experience who has his own law firm told me it's not mandatory for private companies only public workers.

Experienced Argentine Lawyer Vs. Student. I wonder who could be right ;)

bebero said:
it's not mandatory for private companies, but most of the people I know will not be working. when I worked in an office we always got those days off too.

My "student" is a married father of 1 with a college degree and plenty of work experience. I would go with what my student said over the fact that a lawyer says "it's not mandatory for private companies".

Absolutely think that most of the country will be taking those days off. "Mandatory" or not.

Bebero knows what time it is.

:p

Napoleon said:
My "student" is a married father of 1 with a college degree and plenty of work experience. I would go with what my student said over the fact that a lawyer says "it's not mandatory for private companies".

Absolutely think that most of the country will be taking those days off. "Mandatory" or not.

Bebero knows what time it is.

:p

I think you're missing the point. All I'm saying is it depends on the private employer if they get the time off not the employee unless it's unpaid. It's subjective opinion that "most" will be off. I don't think an employee can make the decision for themselves otherwise they may find themselves without a job when they get back.

I also know people working on those days in the offices since they may be working to international deadlines.

Anyway I'm tired of this debate.

Back