Extracting $100 USD

Shane

Registered
Hi all. Are there any ATMs left in the city where I can use my Schwab debit card to pull out $100 USD bills?
I thought not, but my ex says yes, it's still possible at certain ATMs in the city?
If not, has anyone recently flown to Chile to get USD?

Supposedly you can do it in Uruguay. Much closer and cheaper than going to Chile. You can take the ferry in the am and be back here in a few hours.

Thanks. I'm not vaxxed for Covid, so I don't think I can enter Uruguay.

Hi all. Are there any ATMs left in the city where I can use my Schwab debit card to pull out $100 USD bills?
I thought not, but my ex says yes, it's still possible at certain ATMs in the city?
If not, has anyone recently flown to Chile to get USD?
It may be possible in certain ATM's IF you have a local dollar account...! Not from a Schwab US account.

In Colonia, Uruguay, you can get a max of 900 USD per day, but have to do three extraccions of 300 USD each.
They will charge you for each extraccion.
You can take the Colonia Express boat (cheapest) say Monday night, pick 900 USD, stay in a cheap hostel for the night, get another 900 USD next morning and then come back.
I used to do it all the time.

Thanks, I understand I need the vax to enter Uruguay. I don't for Chile. Does anyone know what the situation is with getting USD from ATMs in Santiago?

Unless you insist on atm only, you can get cash advance at currency exchange places in Asuncion. No vac required to enter PY.

Last edited:
Thanks, I understand I need the vax to enter Uruguay. I don't for Chile. Does anyone know what the situation is with getting USD from ATMs in Santiago?

ATM's in Santiago dispense only Chilean Pesos, from a USA card, with a hefty commision. Unless you have a dollar account with the bank. However with the pesos extracted you can buy US dollars at a Foreign Exchange Office like AFEX , with a commision. .Scwab is Visa or Master? other cards may not work?

Why not buy $100 U$D with pesos at a local cueva and avoid the international hassle ???...
In the long run it might be cheaper than going to a foreign country to do it.

Back