Eye doctor recommendation needed

kat

Registered
Does anyone know of a great ophthalmologist in Buenos Aires that accepts OSDE? Preferably one who is accustomed to patients with high prescriptions (mine is -11).

Thanks.

I go to the Centro Oftalmologico Dr Charles: http://www.clinicacharles.com.ar/

I have -8 and -10.5 (in contact lenses, in glasses it's more like -10 and -12.5) -- I also have dry eye and a myriad of other annoyances. I've only been to them once -- I am actually overdue to go now, so should give them a ring. I was happy with the checkup I had, they did all the same testing/procedures etc that I have when at home -- glaucoma test for instance (those horrible drops they put in your eyes). It is a huge clinic and they have many doctors attending, I think they have their own surgical facilities as well.

Reactions: kat
Syngirl, I was about to recommend the same clinic! yes they have their own surgical facilities.. and as far as I know they accept Osde

Reactions: kat
Hi there. Kat, may I ask if you already had your appointment? How was it?
I've spent the last days researching about good ophthalmologists here, since I'm considering lasik surgery (little scared about it) and I thought I'd give this clinic a try.
Regards!

ladquin said:
Hi there. Kat, may I ask if you already had your appointment? How was it?
I've spent the last days researching about good ophthalmologists here, since I'm considering lasik surgery (little scared about it) and I thought I'd give this clinic a try.
Regards!

www.clinicamalbran.com.ar/

I think they're the best in argentina.

I just had Lasik Eye Surgery on the 7th of May. I had a great experience with Centro de Ojos Buenos Aires. The accept OSDE 210 and it was covered 100% by the insurance. Dr Ignacio Menzitti studied in the US and speaks English (didnt make a difference since I speak Spanish). If you want more info, let me know.

Hospital Glaser is probally the best public hospitals for eye-problems. As far as I know they are also pretty well known and highly rated if you compare to private hospitals

What was the price of the lasik surgery at Centro de Ojos Buenos Aires. I'm considering getting it done while I am down here, but want to check how much i'd save/how safe it is.

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Expat Life 4
NYCExpat Expat Life 0
C Expat Life 5
N Expat Life 3
A Expat Life 3
Back