Ezeiza And Electronics

Eric2005

Registered
Just curious...Have any expats actually been charged for undeclared electronics - laptops etc? First hand experience accounts preferred.

IN something like 20 trips, with bags full of all manner of things, never even a comment. I have brought stereos with speakers, computers, even a computerized sewing machine. All, though, were for personal use, and used, not in new packaging.

Same as other posters, never. Although all were for personal use without packaging etc.

Brought in a 46" flat screen and paid taxes. Never once paid on anything in my bags that I did not want to.

I agree with Fried Turkey, make it look used, if you're super paranoid then the easiest thing to do is get some dark chocolate between your fingers & make it look used.
In the case of laptop computers, if I'm bringing in a new laptop then I usually quickly install linuxmint & 'touch it up' with chocolate. One time a kind gentleman brought in a laptop for me but he got stopped...they started up the laptop & checked to see when windows was first started up..in this case the night before..I lost US$500.

My wife and I have brought in stuff for family, purchased in the States, and have never encountered the slightest problem. We don't bring it in the original packaging, though.

Back