F*ing Strike...is Visa Overstay An Issue?

The porteño staff here at the hotel commented that Uruguay prices are roughly double BsAS prices.

But they also praised Uruguay and the Uruguayan people highly.

Hey y'all, does anybody know if the option to pay the overstay penalty at eze is 24 hours? Most likely I'll head to migracion office to avoid the last minute stress...

Hey y'all, does anybody know if the option to pay the overstay penalty at eze is 24 hours? Most likely I'll head to migracion office to avoid the last minute stress...

That's a good idea. At least give yourself an extra hour or so if you pay the day you leave.

Yes, its open 24/7 (if there's no strike ;)). Note that EZE is the only airport now where you can pay the overstay fee, it's no longer possible at the local airport.

Don't waste your time and money going to Uruguay.

You can pay the fine at EZE and have High Tea (at least one day, if not two) at the Alvear Palace Hotel and/or the Park Hyatt's Duhau Palace and still come out ahead.

Sweet, thanks. I was starting to sweat. Realizing perhaps I had invested faith in the wrong forums. I read so many varying opinions on overstay payment options I was starting to doubt my original plan of simply paying at the airport upon departure. But as the migrations website suggests eze has a 24 hour location for payment. So! Wish me luck!

Ooops!! One more question, anyone know if I need special forms to be procured elsewhere or are all necessary items and steps available at ezeiza 24 hours as well?

Sincere thanks

No, you just need your passport. The process is as follows: you go to the immigration counter and tell them you want to pay the overstay fee. They will check your passport and create a form. You get the form and take it to the national bank and pay the fee there. They will put a stamp on it. You go back to the immigration and they will finish everything and you get a receipt indicating you paid.

I used to do Colonia runs and be stressed at the thought of paying the overstay at migraciones but it is so not a big deal. I would always allow for some extra time but it's generally a fast/straight forward process the migraciones officials look like they couldn't care less about the whole thing.

Back