Fabled cafe La Biela likely to close permanently

I had forgotten about Florida Garden. Not my favorite (overpriced, a bit crowded and food is not impressive) but it has the advantage of not playing any music. Hope it can survive.

@sergio: what are your favorite restaurants and cafes (and bars)?

PARRILLA AL CARBÓN LA SOÑADA
Maipú 841
First block north of Córdoba, 2 blocks east of 9 de Julio
Empanadas not recommended, everything else is great. Not fancy, just good food at bargain prices.

PARRILLA AL CARBÓN LA SOÑADA
Maipú 841
First block north of Córdoba, 2 blocks east of 9 de Julio
Empanadas not recommended, everything else is great. Not fancy, just good food at bargain prices.
Thank you. I will give it a try once this is over (and if this one belongs to the surviving group)

I have a client who is a 93 years old female. It’s an incredible pleasure to take her out for lunch. She dresses superbly, can maintain a good conversation, can enrich conversations with her views . . . And so on. But when a 20 year old female walks into the restaurant, dressed like whatever, my eyes wander and vividly appreciate her presence.
La Biela represents, in my opinion, my wonderful client but youth wins every time. So, to survive La Biela should pívot to

I have a client who is a 93 years old female. It’s an incredible pleasure to take her out for lunch. She dresses superbly, can maintain a good conversation, can enrich conversations with her views . . . And so on. But when a 20 year old female walks into the restaurant, dressed like whatever, my eyes wander and vividly appreciate her presence.
La Biela represents, in my opinion, my wonderful client but youth wins every time. So, to survive La Biela should pívot to

pivot to what? mini skirts? I have to REPEAT, before the economic crisis LA BIELA was a very busy place. They didn't need to attract hipsters. And everyone at LA BIELA is not 93 years old!

Why such PASSION about La Biela? I'm baffled - or maybe missing the point.
Or perhaps Sergio feels about it the same way I felt about Confiteria Richmond. A whole way of life went with it.

Why such PASSION about La Biela? I'm baffled - or maybe missing the point.
Or perhaps Sergio feels about it the same way I felt about Confiteria Richmond. A whole way of life went with it.

Confitería La Ideal on Suipacha y Corrientes. Another land mark gone. At tea time Tuesdays? was Tango lessons. An aging Gentleman played the Bandoneon with a handkerchief on his knees, and two Demoiselles circa 1935 danced together . Near the end.Truly decadent .

During its heyday La Ideal...was visited by : Maurice Chevalier, Vittorio Gassman, María Félix, Robert Duvall,; Alan Parker filmed scenes of Evita and Carlos Saura of Tango. In 1998, Yoko Ono visited La Ideal and said: " Be fair to yourselves and don't destroy your Cultural Heritage". A clairvoyant ?

Is..1593826123838.png

Back