Fabric dye--where to buy it?

jenndean

Registered
Hi all,

Does anyone know where to buy fabric dye? I've tried looking in local mercerías and larger art & craft supply stores like Teorema on Santa Fe. My next guess is Once, but I'm wondering if anyone knows specifically where I should go?

It should exist in any merceria. I bought it in a merceria in Av San Juan near subte Entre Rios. But really you should not need to go that far. Ask for anilina in a merceria.They have a lot of things under the counter as well. Also you might be expecting to see envelopes or boxes.Here they come in little round tins.

I can't tell you specifically but I'm surprised to hear you can't get it at your local mercerias. I've bought it no problems in mine (Giribone and Lacroze). I've also bought it in Once...but can't remember where.

I just dyed a bunch of things, a fun way to make old things new! But, like the others said, it's called anilina. The most popular brand is Colibri and it comes in a plastic envelope, like Tang. You can find it at most hardware stores as well as fabric and button shops. Good luck! Oh, and if you want the color "verde nilo" like a light green, I have an extra one that I didn't use that you're welcome to!

Back