Face biometrics mandated for SIM card activation in Argentina

I had to do this 3 years ago to activate my movistar sim. I did it on their facebook page, took five minutes.

The hacking community already stole every Argentina residents face and biometric data from Renaper in 2021. So someone can still overcome the security that they are suggesting In the article using the data that was hacked. Storing residents biometrics is not for our security. It is something that will eventually be used for surveillance and identity theft through either official government agencies or rouge actors who steal the data.

The hacking community already stole every Argentina residents face and biometric data from Renaper in 2021. So someone can still overcome the security that they are suggesting In the article using the data that was hacked. Storing residents biometrics is not for our security. It is something that will eventually be used for surveillance and identity theft through either official government agencies or rouge actors who steal the data.

Absolutely. People may not think too much about how close CFK and other fascists have become to the Chinese fascists. But they would love to track every person doing everything. Up until their closeness to China, Argentina couldn't afford such tech...

"Colaborar!"

Absolutely. People may not think too much about how close CFK and other fascists have become to the Chinese fascists. But they would love to track every person doing everything. Up until their closeness to China, Argentina couldn't afford such tech...

"Colaborar!"
"Obedezco pero no cumplo"

I remember this. They tried to ransom the data but I guess the hackers don't pay attention to the news. They should have known Arg wouldn't pay anything.

Its awesome knowing everything about me is floating around in the dark web thanks to Arg lack of security competence.

I remember this. They tried to ransom the data but I guess the hackers don't pay attention to the news. They should have known Arg wouldn't pay anything.

Its awesome knowing everything about me is floating around in the dark web thanks to Arg lack of security competence.
thing is that unlike the US, where the SSN is "secret" here the numero de DNI is given and asked for widely. When you open a bank account here online -- using you cell phone -- the verification is done with the image in the renaper database. It works just fine. Not sure why we are making such a big deal out of this.

thing is that unlike the US, where the SSN is "secret" here the numero de DNI is given and asked for widely. When you open a bank account here online -- using you cell phone -- the verification is done with the image in the renaper database. It works just fine. Not sure why we are making such a big deal out of this.
"They" are capable of making a big deal out of just about anything. Presently they are making a big deal about tipping.

I'm more so talking about entire copies of my passport information, background checks, work history, income history, tax information, marriage history, USA residency history past and current and everything required to get a work visa or dni here.

To me this is a big deal. Especially at the end of the day when they determined that the hackers access the system from a terminal thst was unsecured and open to anyone in the office. Last time I was at reaper probably 85% of the workers there were in regular street clothes. Anyone could have went in there and sat at a desk without being noticed.

Back