Falklands Referendum

majortungsten

Registered
So, today and tomorrow the people of 'The Falklands' are holding a referendum which will unequivocally show that the people want to remain British.

Now, my concern is:
What with Chavez gone, Her Royal Haughtiness may want to strengthen her position on the South American playing field, or at least make a display of power.
She has already expressed that she will not recognise the islanders' voices (which she does not seem to understand is completely ironic whilst she is claiming Britain as 'colonial').

But do you think she and her lapdogs will go one step further?
Is this a real concern, do you think, or am I just paranoid?

http://www.clarin.co..._880112051.html

Our Beloved One doesn't give a rat's posterior what her children think, believe, feel or need. What makes you think for a nanosecond that she cares or is concened about other people she could barely understand on a good day? What makes them better or more important the rest of us chickens?

On the plus side, for her's and her cronies safety and night sleep, they have made sure that the Armed Forces are unable to fight even a simple cold. No military capabilties whatsoever left for any type expedition.
She can try speeching us day and nigh non stop like a Big Sister, that will still not materialize any able popular or military support. She better dream of bullet trains or space shuttles, artificial island aiirports or Riachuelo drnking water.

Praise our Leader! Long live the Comandante!

There is more chance of the kelpers voting to become argentine than herself launching an invasion, sure half the fleet would be sequestered by the vultures as soon they left port!

So, today and tomorrow the people of 'The Falklands' are holding a referendum which will unequivocally show that the people want to remain British.

Now, my concern is:
What with Chavez gone, Her Royal Haughtiness may want to strengthen her position on the South American playing field, or at least make a display of power.

Display of what "power" exactly?

Not all that paranoid: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1555490-el-proyecto-de-un-misil-liga-al-pais-con-iran

Now, my concern is:
She has already expressed that she will not recognise the islanders' voices (which she does not seem to understand is completely ironic whilst she is claiming Britain as 'colonial').

But do you think she and her lapdogs will go one step further?
Is this a real concern, do you think, or am I just paranoid?

With the navy's ships sinking in the harbor, and only 17 percent of air force planes serviceable, any military action is a wild longshot. But, as with Spinal Tap, the amplifier dial may go up to 11.

Timmerman or Tweeterman as he is sometimes known, will bawl his eyes out and sit in the corner sucking his thumb.

It's sad that the U.S. is purposely sitting this one out and telling the Brits to go pound sand re: recognition for the referendum.

On the other side of the spectrum, China and Russia won't back it because it's couched in terms of self-determination. If they recognize the Falklands referendum, who's to say that they won't hear rumbling from their myriad of breakaway republics and wannabe-autonomous regions who also want to exercise their right to "self-determination." Slippery slope for the great powers out there.

It's sad that the U.S. is purposely sitting this one out and telling the Brits to go pound sand re: recognition for the referendum.

On the other side of the spectrum, China and Russia won't back it because it's couched in terms of self-determination. If they recognize the Falklands referendum, who's to say that they won't hear rumbling from their myriad of breakaway republics and wannabe-autonomous regions who also want to exercise their right to "self-determination." Slippery slope for the great powers out there.

Russia is pretty much what remains after the Soviet Union had no option other than to permit self-determination. China, though, has its own irrendentist claim over Taiwan.

At the risk of contradicting Reina Cristina and Timidman, however, I will assert that from my own experience of spending a year-plus in the Falklands, and having returned several times, the Islanders are indeed a people.

I like the idea of them being able to choose what country they want to be a part of. This situation has extended for far too much and they should be the ones to decide this. Both UK and Argentina wants the islands for other agenda (Argentina for ego and being the president who returned the promised land back to us, and UK due to the oil, strategic position and being close to Antartica for future claims), but at least here they have a vote.

Cristina is not going to do anything that is not speaking or cursing, she can't due to resources. Few months ago there was a conflict with the Armed and Security Forces (Prefectura, Gendarmeria, Navy, Police and I think Army too in fewer numbers) because she was cutting their salaries by half, so she doesn't have the equipment nor the manpower. Her position is anti-military, so, nothing to worry from this aspect.

Back