Family life in BA-Potential move to BA

What is a moving sale? sorry for the naive question. Is it an expat moving out their place? I love the idea that life does not revolve around the materialistic options of the states. Yes, most likely at some point inevitable but, If I can prolong that sense of needing what you dont need, great.

What is the deal with all these Palermo's? ....being from the NYC, I kind of see what they are trying to accomplish but, is one more prefered than the other? again, considering the family, is it still best in Martinez or Olives area...thanks again for your patience on my neurotic bantering.

I believe San Isidro was already mentioned, but that is a great place for a family. I used to work with some kids in San Isidro and it was such a safe, pretty place. The kids were able to walk around on their own, play with friends, ride bikes in the streets and they never had problems. They also have some sports clubs as well as some clubs in nearby Tigre. I used to go to the Buenos Aires Rowing Club in Tigre all the time. They of course had rowing but also tennis and soccer.

I think Martinez is always a better option then Palermo but I really don't like Palermo anyhow but it's the prefered location for single expats or expats without kids. I definitly think with kids zona norte is a lot better.

Moving sale is indeed foreigners selling there stuff before they move back or elsewhere and most stuff needs to go and is cheap

If you decide on zona norte it's probally pretty hard to find furnished rentals most rentals are for 2 years without furniture

Regarding location, I live in Belgrano around 10 blocks SOUTH WEST of the subte. I love it and it is generally all residential. It is only 45 minuets by subte and bus from the city center. There are a lot families living in this area. I believe it to be slightly cheaper than the San Isidro y Martinez areas. It is also closer to the city. Many people do have cars here but I do just fine without, as there are still many bus routes close by. It is also a very relaxed area I can take a breath here, not be looking over my shoulder, and feel that I am "away" from the city slightly. In my opinion this is the area you want.

Good Luck,
Saludos

Back