Family reunification visa

I'm in the process of submitting my application for the family reunification recidency. If you a UK citizen I'm not sure if the visa is the thing you need, you should have visa free access and therefore be able to apply for the residency next time you are here? Usually visas are a one use thing, Have you looked into this?

Thanks, I have been travelling to and from Argentina for the last 10 years just on a tourist visa as I usally only spend 3-4 months of the year out there but now with COVID, my wife is really worried that I wont be allowed in as we have some important things that have to be done out there in Jan/feb.

To be honest I am not really sure what I need as I cant find much info on the visa, like how long it lasts, how long it takes to get etc.

You can't enter on a tourist visa at the moment and considering the second wave in Europe at the moment I doubt they will be opening it by January either.
Looking back through my mails, I first emailed the embassy in London on the 11th of June and I got the visa in my passport on the 6th of July.
The visa lasts 12 months or it did in my case.
Email the embassy, explain your circumstances and ask if they can help.
[email protected]

You can't enter on a tourist visa at the moment and considering the second wave in Europe at the moment I doubt they will be opening it by January either.
Looking back through my mails, I first emailed the embassy in London on the 11th of June and I got the visa in my passport on the 6th of July.
The visa lasts 12 months or it did in my case.
Email the embassy, explain your circumstances and ask if they can help.
[email protected]

Thanks for the help I will email them now.

The visa they issued me is multi entry and valid for one year and gives permanent residency, with it you can go and get your DNI straight away. I haven’t managed to get a turno to get my DNI yet though but have entered the country twice on the visa.

I have the ACRO now and it is legalised so just need to translate. Do you have any recommendations where to do this?

Also I have contacted the consulate and they had said that all i need for the other docs is a COPY of marriage certificate ( it is from Argentina and has already been legalised there) and a copy of both sides on my wifes DNI. Is that right as with my experience of Argentina they never accept copies for anything??

For the translation the embassy have a list of places mine was already done in Argentina because I was going through the normal route of applying in Argentina at the time so it wasn’t translated in the Uk so can’t personally recommend anywhere.

I only provided the original of the ACRO certificate the rest were copies.

Back