Farmer's Strike resumes and this time it will get worse..

This is the latest: People are gathering up at Plaza de Mayo to protest the strike as many have followed suit. Today, 18 ruralistas were taken into jail by the Gendarmería as violence rages on all over the place. The long distance truck drivers have also joined the strike. The Argentina's Secretary of Defense just spoke out a while ago and now the Chief of the Cabinet is speaking. I was on Ruta 7 just a few minutes outside of Buenos Aires a few hours ago coming back from Lujan and there were tires being burned, enough to distrupt & close the autopista on both directions. I think this is beginning THE BIG thing that was supposed to happen on the weekend of the 16th. NOW Kirchner is now going to make his appeareance in Plaza de Mayo, makes me wonder where in the world is Christina???

"soulskier" said:
Something big? Could you elaborate? Another surgery for Queen Cristina?
I think you were sleeping by Nahuel Huapi lake and got so frozen that you could not realize what is happening.

"marie" said:
Something big? Could you elaborate? Another surgery for Queen Cristina?

I think you were sleeping by Nahuel Huapi lake and got so frozen that you could not realize what is happening.
Marie, I eat too much Mamushka chocalate and Alfajors to fall asleep. JAJA!

Update 6/15: Just got back from Carrfour & Makro, regular milk is gone, the regular long life is also gone, only lower quality brands, powdered milk, light milk & fat-free ones are available. Flour is gone and nowhere to be seen, only corn flour is available at Makro. Oil is also starting to disappear off from the shelves as well. Looks like this is the SAME dilemma that happened in March/April of this year.

Just back from Jumbo's:
NO pork, NO whole chickens...very little chicken really. Beef a lot less than usual, but they were restocking as it was being loaded into the carts. Items low on: cereal, flour, eggs, rice. Other than those items everything else was well stocked.
There were some buying limits on oil too.

Petrol is becoming a problem as well, and there is a VERY long line to fill up with a limit of $30 pesos per car. Some stations have already ran out of diesel. We had to travel to 3 different ones & wait for our fill up.

Mike1, June 16 is here and so are the pot banging, as of the last hour or so. Anxious to hear how it unfolds.

So far, people in Mar Del Plata as well as the people in Capital
Federal. have joined the protests that is going on in Gualeguaychu
& Entre Rios. On Wednesday, Nestor Kirchner will be speaking at
Plaza de Mayo, coinciding with the Argentina-Brazil game (this is gonna
be a good one, pulling the Argentine people away from their world cup qualifying futball match, haha!). =D

I guess they're shutting her up because if she speaks, she'll piss more people off. =D

Back