Fashion in BA

garygrunson said:
They are called hair extensions, available everywhere here in BA, even young teenagers are doing it. I am amazed at how expensive they are and that everyone is wearing them. Where do they get all this money.

Not true. All of my Argie friends have long hair and I know only one person with hair extensions. Of course there're women with extensions, but there's also a culture of not cutting your hair often and wear it naturally long.

I haven't read this entire thread but, has anyone noticed the prevalence of deer patterned clothing? It's quite horrifying. I have seen a bit so far this year and am praying it doesnt rise to the concentration of last year.I used to just count them when i went for a walk in the park. Deer leggings, hats, tights, jumpers, anything you could ever want with deer, come to BA. Entire shops dedicated to deerendipity.

A lot of my argentine girlfriends have hair extensions tends to be stitched in and hair long enough for them to sit on.

No matter the fashion here. What really bothers me is that it is all the same; It's really expensive and the materials are very poor. There's is no real style. Women are clones here.

bebero said:
Not true. All of my Argie friends have long hair and I know only one person with hair extensions. Of course there're women with extensions, but there's also a culture of not cutting your hair often and wear it naturally long.

True, its mostly natural! they hardly ever cut it; when they do, its a big deal, something that is talked about :
”you know, X has cut off her hair!”
”reeally? how much?”
”well about 10 cm! thats a whole year of growing!”
”waw! ”

The girls start growing their hair as soon as it grows... it is quite common for a 2 year old to have long hair.

There are a lot of 'nice' clothes, but there are no 'original' clothes. It is impossible to buy something 'nobody has'. Every shop sells the same clothes.

I must disagree with that, there are many small shops with own designs and unique clothes, of course you have to explore the small streets around Palermo and so, you dont find it in the big shopping malls.. ;)

The Women now are mostly with short cut with their hair and not with long time. This may be due to the busy life and also there is no sufficient time to take care of all the hair and other things. The clothing had also changed to modern wear rather than traditional wear. This is mostly of the changed life style and the fast generation where we can't stop and think of any thing too much. I mostly prefer to purchase clothes and other accessories in online rather than direct shopping.

Argentine women are beautiful in general but their clothing has nothing original at all.
The materials are poor ( a lot is made in China or Argentina) but there is one reason to it: quality materials are too expensive to import and there is no local production.
The cuts are always the same and on top of that, all women have the same hairdo.
There is nothing original here, but still, people are charming.
Who really cares anyway?
Codes differ from one country to another even though the fashion market is global.
If anyone finds a local designer with nice cuts and rich materials, please, keep me informed...

Im going to work at the BAF Week next month and I am really looking forward to see what kind of clothes they show here.. :)

Back