Fashion in BA

katti said:
Dresses are way too short. Girls who wear these in Belgium are called whores... (Not only the 16 year old where them, but also the 40 year old, and older.)

What is disturbing are lots of women trying to compete and dress like their teenage daughters, I grant you that.

Can't hardly compare Belgium and Argentina, the weather is completely different and here allows for skimpy clothing and there's no denying that the womenfolk are shaped differently. Much more pleasant to look at here.

Tight, minimal and or too provocativ clothes are definitely not for everyone, anywhere, any age or shape. Too many seem to disregard this simple fact.
Young girls do look unnecesarily slutty and I am personally disgusted by most lip/mouth pearcings and-or tramp stamps.

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die...:)

One thing I noticed when it was still T-shirt weather:

The Confederate Flag. Has anyone seen this? I saw it everyday for awhile. Some girl with a Confederate flag on her shirt. Note, I looked carefully, and it wasn't a Union Jack to show support for the Sex Pistols or Manny United or something. But a real Confederate flag.

I'm more or less sure that the people wearing it had no idea about its historical roots or present-day association with subcultures in the US, as most BA natives openly identify as contrary to US redneck culture, right?

Completely clueless.
Same thing happened/happens with other youth expressions like Punks, etc. Pure aesthetics, hardly any philosophy or ethics under the thin surface. Just looks.

Basic fact, they do not read. Mostly illiterate with little or no curiosity. Apathy rules.

HeyBA said:
One thing I noticed when it was still T-shirt weather:

The Confederate Flag. Has anyone seen this? I saw it everyday for awhile. Some girl with a Confederate flag on her shirt. Note, I looked carefully, and it wasn't a Union Jack to show support for the Sex Pistols or Manny United or something. But a real Confederate flag.

I'm more or less sure that the people wearing it had no idea about its historical roots or present-day association with subcultures in the US, as most BA natives openly identify as contrary to US redneck culture, right?

Or maybe they are aware that to many in the south the Confederate Flag is a symbol of resistance to Yankee Imperialism, a sentiment held by many locals?

Maybe locals are smarter than you give credit for.

katti said:
Dresses are way too short. Girls who wear these in Belgium are called whores... (Not only the 16 year old where them, but also the 40 year old, and older.)

indeed, the platform 2 buckle suede shoes; did you see how all of a sudden they appeared? they are for sale in about every shoe shop? Cost about 250 pesos, and are very uncomfortable? (I am sure everyone has seen at least 1 girls trip while wearing these shoes)

Dresses way too short -- if you think that here, you should see in other places like Dominican Republic.

And a lot of Argentines think the same -- my own sister-in-law wore a VERY short dress to our wedding,you could practically see up her skirt. Everyone was commenting on it, and not for the right reasons. She's very pretty but also rather clueless (dropped out of school at 14). Now she's one of the back up dancers on Showmatch so you can see the types of outfits he has the girls in every night, and that pretty much translates into her day-to-day clothing as well.

Those birkenstock things are awful, and are about 350 not 250! And people pay it!

What's worse is that the ugly platform of the birkenstock summer style has translated into a horrible winter style now -- there are all of the shoes now that look like horrible orthotics for old women, and the 20-somethings are all wearing them -- honestly, some of them look like shoes that one would wear if one leg was 10cm shorter than the other....

Iznogud said:
What is disturbing are lots of women trying to compete and dress like their teenage daughters, I grant you that.

There is absolutely NOTHING "disturbing" about this.

:D

How do poole typically dress in September/October? Still boots, dark colors, jeans, etc., or more spring fashions?

Back