Fear Of Argentina

So, did the Montoneros, ERP and other guerrillas have helicopters, fighter jets, and advanced infantry weapons? As a fighting force, they were pathetic, though they did manage to assassinate many innocent people (and other less innocent people) with low-tech bombs and other relatively simple weapons.

We can argue about their professionalism. But it is a FACT that at the eve of the Falkland conflict, Argentina had the best equipped military any non-aligned nation could hope for at the time.

So, did the Montoneros, ERP and other guerrillas have helicopters, fighter jets, and advanced infantry weapons? As a fighting force, they were pathetic, though they did manage to assassinate many innocent people (and other less innocent people) with low-tech bombs and other relatively simple weapons.

That was not what you originally stated. You said they were poorly armed, not that they had better/worse equipment than the military. Of couse the military had far advanced weapons compared with them (duh) but it still doesn't mean that ERP and/or Montoneros had crappy weapons or weren't well trained to use them.

The arrogance, inflated ego and self worth have been slowly ground into the dirt by this current regime.
I talk to a lot of Argentines who come into my shop and I always hear the same sad old story.

Its about time this country stopped making excuses and stood up to its problems.

Back