February Book" Nyt #1 "the Girl On The Train"

Alicia karr

Registered
Greetings readers! Our February book club selection is the psychological thriller "The Girl On the Train" by British author Paula Hawkins. Published only three weeks ago it is already #1 on the New York Times bestseller list!
Some reviews: "people will devour this psychological thriller(NYT) reader cannot help but turn the pages"(Boston Globe). It is being compared to "Gone Girl" but supposedly even better! We will discuss it and share food and drink at the BAExpat Book Club Meeting on Wednesday February 25. If you would like to come please respond to this thread along with what you'll be bringing for the pot luck dinner that follows the book discussion. If you're new to the book club I'll send you the exact address after seeing your message.
And thanks again to those that came on Wednesday and contributed such interesting memories and delicious food to our meeting!

Looking forward to the next meeting. Great time last weds. Excellent discussions, food and wine. Thanks.

Attachments

• bookclub.jpg
    bookclub.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 30
Hello, I am a newcomer to BA. I arrived in October and am interested in participating in this discussion. Not sure what I will bring for potluck. What do you need? Homemade rolls? Black Bean Chili?

Lori

Welcome Lori, I'll be sending you location details. Either of the above would be terrific!

Hi all! Just a reminder that the February Book Club meeting and pot luck dinner will be next Wednesday, the 25 of February, at 7:00 in Recoleta. Please confirm attendance by RSVPing on this thread and tell us what you'll be bringing for the pot luck. If you are new to the Book Club, I'll PM you with the exact address.
We are a friendly loquacious, heterogenous group and welcome new participants. You do not have to have read the book to attend. Look forward to seeing you Wednesday.

Hey Lori, can I suggest you bring the hone made rolls? That would be great as beans are also on the list already! Let us know !

Back