Fed Ex Or Ups

cruizes

Registered
I am addicted to a Nature Valley granola bar that you can't get here. Thr question is if I have a friend buy in quantity, there are 6 to a box, and if they took out of the box, and sent via Fed Ex so you think that there would be a problem when it arrives into Argentina. By taking them out of th box it definitely doesn't look that it is for commercial use but instead a gift. What do you think?

It's his money. He wasn't asking how much it would cost. If you're going to do that I'd say neither. No FedEx, no UPS. You want USPS. Not only will it be cheaper but you won't have to go to Ezeiza if something comes up. It will take a bit longer but it's not like it's a highly stealable item anyway. If you need to pay any fees you only have to go to Retiro. FedEx and UPS also charge higher fees (not only the taxes, they also charge you for the customs brokerage). USPS goes straight to the local post office and you get charged a flat fee. NO brokerage fee. If you end up doing that ask him to send some Rice Krispie treats and we can split the cost.

Agreed with the above - send USPS. After not receiving packages for a couple of years, we have started experimenting with USPS and so far everything has come - althought some things in two weeks, some in a month and a half.

Back