Filing Usa Taxes From Argentina?

alc4y27

Registered
HI! I am hoping someone can Help me with this. I have been here a year and half now and I need to file my taxes. I dont make enough that I will have to pay but was told I should file or I could face problems later. I went to the USA embassy and they told me they had nobody to help with that and go to the IRS website. I did, I understood nothing! Has anyone been through this process and can tell me what forms etc I need? I would appreaciate the help and it would defintiely be worth a beer a or two ha. thanks!!!

You definitely need to file whether you owe taxes or not. This applies regardless of your residency or how long you've been outside of the US.

There are a number of online tax services that can help you do this quick and easy. You'll need any appropriate tax documentation (W-2's, 1099's, etc) which your bank and employers would have sent you early in the new year. If you're missing this information, you can usually request it via phone or email.

I used TaxACT this year and was pleased with it given that filing is free. If you were in the US less than 35 days last year, you won't have to pay income taxes (though if you're a freelancer you still have to pay social security). Don't forget to check whether you have to pay taxes in your last state of residence, too.

I believe there are some folks here that offer tax filing services, but if your taxes are straightforward (ie you mostly have W-2s, no trust funds or stocks, etc) you can file online with no problem.

Buy a copy of Turbo tax. Its really really easy to use, it will figure it all out for you, and let you file online. You wont have to get any forms, just follow simple instructions.
My taxes are complicated enough that I buy the more deluxe version, for thirty bucks.
But you may even be able to use the free one. If not, the basic should do the job just fine, for twenty dollars. All online, no mailing of anything.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/

Back