Film Tells the Tale of Underground Club Night

Most of these guys still play regularly in BA, and are easy to go see and dance to.

I have been writing about these bands, and this scene, right here on this site, since 2013. Been going to the shows since about 2008.
There are a lot of reviews of shows and links to the music here-

Reactions: Api
Hi Ries

Is there a good url or your brain that can help me with a all inclusive list and locations of LIVE music venues in BA..I would be deeply appreciative and my Nashville brethren will stop beating my brains in with "You mean Notorious is the only club in a city of 3 million? no country, no Station Inn types? no Ryman..no 3rd and Lindsley...that's it?"

Hi Ries

Is there a good url or your brain that can help me with a all inclusive list and locations of LIVE music venues in BA..I would be deeply appreciative and my Nashville brethren will stop beating my brains in with "You mean Notorious is the only club in a city of 3 million? no country, no Station Inn types? no Ryman..no 3rd and Lindsley...that's it?"
Country music is a US thing.
Wherever you go, you gotta eat local.
There is a ton of live music every week here, in a wide variety of genres, but they are Argentine genres.
The best way to see music anywhere is to go with an open mind.

Unfortunately, venues come and go almost monthly.
Some are constant-
Niceto, Matienzo, Vinilo, CAFF, Konex, Vorterix, Complejo C, Trastienda, Xirgu, and more.
There are a good dozen theaters that host music regularly, but are not "music venues"
There are a couple of other jazz clubs- Bebop, and Thelonius.

this website is a good start-

Today, it lists shows at Cafe Vinilo, Camping, La Tangente, Matienzo, Otra Historia Club, and CCR.
I have been to all but one of these, and seen great music.
CCK always has good music, often classical, folkloric, and interesting hybrids, always free, with new, state of the art acoustically amazing halls.
Usina del Arte, the refurbished electrical generator plant, can have wonderful shows.

But finding music here is a bit tricky- often times a great show, or a few shows, will be at a small theater or bar, and then there wont be much in that space for six months. El Emergente, or Moran, or El Quetzal are often really fun.

Tonight, I am going to far Liniers, to a small cultural center, to see AstroGauchos and King Coya, but I have no idea how often there are shows there.

Last year, I saw La Portuaria, a band that most Nashville types would like, outdoors at a free concert in a park in Vincente Lopez.

The music here is far less predictable than Nashville, but there is much more of it, and it ranges a very wide gamut, often ignoring genre altogether and mixing everything up.

Ries

A well crafted and thoughtful response, thank you.

Your link is perfect..I was hoping it would resemble something like this

Your additional color and thoughts were well received.

Though I am Nashville, nashville..I am a old funkster from back in the day with a 10000 hour catalog that might make some boliche spot..."The Spot"

and i just wanted to add, from some folks in 12South "Ahem, Nashville..it's not just country anymore"

Really appreciate the link

jinks

Back