Financial Advice - Diamonds And Gold In Buenos Aires?

Does anyone know a reputable jewelry store in BA? I need to buy a gift and went to multiple places, but they all saw "American" on my forehead and tried to sell me things at ridiculous prices (even more than they would charge in the US with a discount). Plus I want to make sure the jewelry is authentic. Thank You in advance.

-LA

Lorianne,

Try Mingo Joyero @ Libertad 349, C1012 AAG, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Phone: +54 11 4382-9494

Talk with Leandro Heyaca (Son of the owner last I knew.) Speaks a very high level of English and understands foreigners and their needs.

You are welcome.

I have shopped there on three separate occasions for jewelry.

I was treated with courtesy and respect as well as fairly.

It's a no pressure environment.

Check them out. I hope it works for you.

Good luck!

Another really good jeweler is Abraxis Antiques- 1092 Defensa, across from Plaza Dorrego in San Telmo. They have really high quality estate (vintage) jewelry. We have bought several amazing pieces from them, prices are very good for the quality. Not a huge selection, but very good stuff, an old family that has been in the jewelry business a long time. Pearls, diamonds, rubies and emeralds, deco and art noveau pieces. Things that would be hard to find at double or triple the price in the USA.
Libertad near Corrientes has several dozen jewelers, and there are many there that have good quality pieces as well. Generally prices are based on weight, to begin with, although obviously diamonds are different.

What about Canadian Maple leafs or American Eagles ? Gold or Silver

Anywhere to buy in BA?

What about Canadian Maple leafs or American Eagles ? Gold or Silver

Anywhere to buy in BA?
1 oz .999 fine gold coins are simply the best way to PHYSICALLY possess the metal.

Usually, they can be bought for as little as 1% over spot pricing and more importantly, they can be sold very quickly because there is no need to assay. Any legitimate buyer will simply verify the coin is not a counterfeit, scale it, then whip out the cash for the sale at a sliver below spot value. In other words, slippage is minimal with gold in coin form, omg each side of the transaction.

Back