Finding a job as a machinist

Its_not_me

Registered
I am probably one of the best machinists in the world, I currently make rocket engines and turbo pumps for one of the new private space flight companies founded by a billionaire. I have totally fallen in love with my girlfriend and I need to look at my options now. Not planning on quitting my job or anything knee jerk.i can program run and setup computer controlled lathes and milling machines, weld, do composite work, major aero space background, and I makes implanted medical devices, bone screws pins, artificial knees etc.

Can anyone shed some light on the state of high end manufacturing here?

My Spanish is decent but not conversational, but my girlfriend under stands me.

If you can work an old Bridgeport, worth your weight in gold:import restrictions-no replacement parts.

Know Siemens/Voit has big repair contracts in Argentina. Machinist is a lost art.

I would explore the city and find an independent shop and work from there. Most everything is unionized for blue collar and that could be the hardest nut to crack. You have a craft that is hard to come by anymore.

Good luck

Yes in the EEUU we can not find good people anymore, and I am not bragging I am very good at what I do . Not really care what I am making as long as I am paid decently. The best case would be if my current employer would let me just program with my laptop and VPN in and goes them what I have programmed. If I made what I make there here in dollars I would live like a friggin king.

Back