Finding A Job In Bs.as.

Natalie5858

Registered
Hi everyone!

I'm currently in Buenos Aires studying Spanish and am wanting to extend my stay and look for work here once I've finished with my language program in mid February. My background is in marketing, PR, events and journalism. I've worked as an event manager for alcohol companies, concerts and nightlife. I also have worked as a journalist in Las Vegas for the past year and a half. Right now I don't have to worry about housing, I'm living with a great family in Recoleta, only about finding work and making the right connections. I'd really appreciate any advice and to connect with fellow expats, as I know finding a great fit is usually via netowrking! Any tips would be appreciated, thanks :)

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in Buenos Aires studying Spanish and am wanting to extend my stay and look for work here once I've finished with my language program in mid February. My background is in marketing, PR, events and journalism. I've worked as an event manager for alcohol companies, concerts and nightlife. I also have worked as a journalist in Las Vegas for the past year and a half. Right now I don't have to worry about housing, I'm living with a great family in Recoleta, only about finding work and making the right connections. I'd really appreciate any advice and to connect with fellow expats, as I know finding a great fit is usually via netowrking! Any tips would be appreciated, thanks :)

Welcome natalie, i would say that you need local networking more than expats for that areas but everything is better than no network at all ;) , is your familie Argentine family then they could always try to introduce you. Anyway if you need some tips in the area let me know i'm in Recoleta to
Hope you luck and enjoy the city

Hi Natalie...

You may try sending your CV to The Buenos Aires Herald. It's the oldest English language newspaper in the Americas. Since 1876 !!!.

Good luck.!!!

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/

Hi Nat, I came here a couple of years ago in your position. Luckily I found a full time job through craigs list (amongst the scams).
Other than that try Zona jobs and ask as many locals as possible and network. You could try Time Out here, I emailed them and they gave me a test shoot for their photography.

Time Out's a good one. I worked with them for a couple of years. They're good people.

Back