Finding apartment by looking for signs?

isaidc

Registered
Hi,

I'm moving to San Telmo next month and was wondering if locals would advertise apartments by simply putting signs up on their windows/businesses. etc.

Thanks

The real estate agents put up signs that can be seen from the street in the windows of the apartments that are for rent/sale. I do not know how they handle the apartments that can not be seen from the street. The real estate agents advertise the available apartments that are for rent/sale with photos in the windows of their offices. The Clarin Newspaper lists apartments for rent/sale in the classifieds and they are organized according to Barrio.
Hope this helps
John

Most signs you see in Buenos Aires are baits and switches put up by real estate agents to advertise . I do not agree with this as it looks ugly. The worst offenders are a few well known agencies in Palermo Soho and San Telmo who have monolopised the market .

Thanks very much. I wonder if simply going door to door (with a spanish speaking person) in businesses might result in finding a place as well.

search on the Web, it will save you a lot of time.
there are many links on this website to realtors.

Back