Fine for overstaying welcome (Visa).

majortungsten

Registered
Hello,

Does anyone know:
a) How much the fine for staying over the 90 day tourist visa stands at these days?
b) Is it cheaper than getting a ferry to Colonia one more time?
c) How and where do I pay it?

Cheers.

1) 300 pesos, as far as I know
2) The fine is more or less the same price as the fare, but you'll spend more in Colonia as well, assuming you eat or buy drinks.
3) The fine is paid at the airport. At EZE, Migraciones is next to Banco Nacion. At AEP, just ask. The document you'd need is called a "habilitacion de salida."

One important note about paying the fine at the airport. They ONLY take cash. And often, the ATM at the airport is out of it. So make sure you have that money with you. A girl I know missed her flight b/c she didn't have cash and no ATM at the airport was working.

Also, estimate at least an hour to do it. Sometimes there is no line but sometimes there is a long line of people ahead of you.

in case it turns out being more* ... I can't edit my posts; the sun is blinding me; and no coffee yet... Forgive me.

seems like a rise in the fine is overdue...hasn't it been 300 for 18 months or so? I expect a hike to 500 before too long :(

Hi,
all these threads are helpful.
My question refers to something extra I was told, about paying the 300 pesos at EZE prior to leaving BA:

I was informed that you pay by being ordered to going to the bank inside the airport where they then give you a receipt. (To be sure, I'll be bringing 400 pesos cash with me. Not relying on those ATM's.)
Then, you need to take that receipt back to check-in..and you're ok.
Probably could take an hour.

BUT - does anyone know if the airport bank would be open late at night to go through this process? My flight leaves at 9.30pm, so I"d get there about 7.30pm.

Would you suggest I just play it safe and arrive at the airport 5pm?
Any suggestions or recent info would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny

bradlyhale said:
Here is the website with more info: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?tramites

Note that the fee says $300. However, you might want to have some dollars on hand in case it doesn't turns out being more. Citygirl's point about the ATMs is a good one.

Back