Fingerprints Done At The Us Embassy?

Lu - pretty easy. You go to the FBI website and they have a list of approved channelers. You pick one and send them your fingerprints and they handle the rest. I think they can get the results back in under a week. If you are in a super rush, there are also expeditors for the apostille. I believe someone on here (search expeditors) posted they got the entire process done in under 2 weeks with expediting both.

Lu - pretty easy. You go to the FBI website and they have a list of approved channelers. You pick one and send them your fingerprints and they handle the rest. I think they can get the results back in under a week. If you are in a super rush, there are also expeditors for the apostille. I believe someone on here (search expeditors) posted they got the entire process done in under 2 weeks with expediting both.

Oh, only if I new before. I did the cheap way and now I am paying for it. Well, I will get my second chance when I am back in Seattle in january. :)

Thanks citygirl! And for the citizenship process it has to be apostilled I take it... and for the fingerprints you get the accepted cards at the embassy and have them done at the police station here? (that is if I do it from here and send away to an expeditor). Otherwise any better reason to order them from the states while I'm over there? (just before leaving of course)

Be aware that some expeditors for the apostille do not mail out of the states. The one I found that did charged $195 to FedEx back within the U.S. and $295 if FedEx to a foreign country. Also some channelors do not provide the official Fbi hard copy that can be apostilled. I did mine just before leaving U.S. to come here a couple months ago. I used the apostille expeditor recommended by that channelor and had the doc sent to family in U.S. who then dropped it in the FedEx I prepared and sent it to me here.

Be aware that some expeditors for the apostille do not mail out of the states. The one I found that did charged $195 to FedEx back within the U.S. and $295 if FedEx to a foreign country. Also some channelors do not provide the official Fbi hard copy that can be apostilled. I did mine just before leaving U.S. to come here a couple months ago. I used the apostille expeditor recommended by that channelor and had the doc sent to family in U.S. who then dropped it in the FedEx I prepared and sent it to me here.

I have a US mail service that can forward it on. Thanks for the headsup!

Also wondering what is the difference if I do it before leaving the states while I'm over there. Still not sure what is the best/easiest way to go.

Back