Fish And Chips?

We went down today at 3.30 for a late lunch but they close for a break between 3.30 and 7.30

Really disappointed...............

Here is a review from the BA Herald food guru...............

http://www.sorrelmw.com/there-is-a-cod-after-all/

mmmmm do you think if you brought your own pizza they would deep fry it for you? and the other important question..... do they have chippie pickles????????

Wow the last time I had cod and chips was in London. I might have to add to my expanding waistline and indulge myself on Saturday night, I love fish and chips. Not sure about the curry sauce though, is that a Brit thing? And, fried Mars Bars - do they not just melt??? Can you get a Mars Bar here?

Wow the last time I had cod and chips was in London. I might have to add to my expanding waistline and indulge myself on Saturday night, I love fish and chips. Not sure about the curry sauce though, is that a Brit thing? And, fried Mars Bars - do they not just melt??? Can you get a Mars Bar here?
chips and cheese
chips and curry sauce are available all over the uk
mars bars are called milky way bars here (and the brit milky way bars don't exist here)
they are battered first and then deep fried.
i've never tried one myself though.

We went today on a nice calm evening and I would highly recommend the place. The owners are super lovely and friendly and the Apple Crumble is simply delish - (it even made a porteño weak at the knees for its deliciousness and it didn´t have dulce de leche in it). The fish is lovely - fleshy but they have chosen excellent types which hold together in the light batter without a strong fishy taste - and the tartare sauce is perfect! The owner even brought us out another pot for free because I went on about it so much (hey, I´m from NZ and haven´t had tartare sauce for over a year!!!). Definitely recommend supporting this restaurant and hope people will have the same experience we did. We´ll be going back that´s for sure.

Finally go there for lunch yesterday.
Food was excellent as was the service.
We took a table in the street as the autumn sun was not too strong.
We had the lenguado and the abadejo and both were great.
Chips were good "chippie" chips.
I certainly hope there supplies of malt vinegar don't disappear.
Agree with Musobeck - the apple crumble is delicious.

Back