Fish & Chips Anyone...??

Great tip have you tried the Fish and Chips?? the photo shows something SIMILAR worth Trying ??

470xchipperg1-94.jpg

Chipper is "ok" for B.A. standards (w.r.t. sea food), but unfortunately nothing more imo.

I've eaten at Chipper a few times. There were 2 kinds of fish - similar to cod - a chunky white meat - both good. The batter flavor was excellent.

They did not have the traditional North Atlantic cod - not surprising, since North Atlantic cod fisheries off Newfoundland were destroyed by relentless overfishing as early as the late 60's, and had not recovered by 2012 - during a 15 year fishing moritorium.

Chipper is a fish n chip restaurant - it is informal food and of a fairly decent quality . The fish is at least fresh and not frozen. I have enjoyed all my meals there.

Chipper is good, not as good when compared to some Scottish chippys but not bad. It also has malt vinegar.

Went to Chipper my first time ever on Tuesday evening. I'm not British/Irish, so I didn't grow up with Fish & Chips as a staple, but I really liked it.

I tried a fried fish taco (they have a new Taco Tuesday menu) and then had an order similar to the photo above.

The artesenal cerveza they serve was also good and moderately priced. (Had the pale ale. Really liked it!)

Back