Fish Restaurant

Have been there many times. It's simply wonderful - and guess what - it's not expensive at all! Maybe prices have increased (I'm sure as it's Bs As) but the last time I was there was about 3 months ago and I got the special - set menu - as I wanted everything on it. Beautiful bread selection to start - then pumpkin and coriander soup, then trout on oven roasted potatoes with a fresh salsa on top - dessert (actually, I don't remember - I'm not a sweet fan) But it was $65peso for all. As my friend is a graphic designer who worked with him for the redesign of the new restaurant he threw in a cheese board and 2 caiparinhas for free. And yep - the cheese board was amazing good quality cheese. Anyone who likes seafood - I totally recommend it.

It's in Almagro. Rivadavia 3402. I think it's the corner of Rivadavia and Sanchez de Bustamente

Thanks for posting this! :) I will definitely keep it in mind next time we go out for seafood. Went to a restaurant in Puerto Madero for seafood, paid 200 pesos a plate, and for the price it was a bit disappointing.

Puerto Madero is for tourists, to skin tourists and relieve them of as much $$$$ as possible in the shortest possible time. Unless you are on an expense account it's a bit of waste.

ghost said:
Puerto Madero is for tourists, to skin tourists and relieve them of as much $$$$ as possible in the shortest possible time. Unless you are on an expense account it's a bit of waste.

Almost always seems like a higher ratio of Argentines:Tourists than say plaza serrano or palermo soho.

ghost said:

I agree. A few years ago one of my English students told me "You need an American passport to go to Puerto Madero." (You could now say "European" and/or "Brazilian" if you wanted.)

I went there (Cabaña Las Lilas) about 10 days ago on a tour. The client paid for everything, which was good thing, considering with our awesome bottle of wine and tip, the bill was AR$1,520 for the two of us. Not bad.

As for this fish place, the photos and descriptions look amazing, but nothing about that place screamed "Inexpensive". From the US$1,000,000+ renovation to the interiors, to the presentation... it's not Puerto Madero, but you're not going to get out of there for under AR$200/person. That's fine for some, but not "inexpensive".

If someone goes there soon, I'd appreciate a report of the prices. If I go there soon, I'll make sure to do the same courtesy.

Back