Flat Hunting For Three Year Stay

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are moving to BA in January for three years from London with my work. We're so excited about getting to know the city and already have found the forum super useful!

We are currently flat hunting- I'm coming to BA for 2 weeks in the beginning of December to look at places and hopefully sign- but struggling to find much that is inspiring/has some character. Are there any great real estate websites people would recommend? I have tried 'trovit' but found it pretty miserable... I've also joined the Facebook group for owners which someone in the forum recommended. Or does anyone know a smaller estate agent who I might not be able to find onling who helped them find something great? We're quite open minded about where we live- I'll be working in Recoleta, but Puerto Madero, Palermo, San Telmo all seem tempting! We can pay rent in USD and plenty in advance, guarantor etc. I speak Spanish so non-English-speaking estate agents are also fine.

Thanks so much for your help and hopefully look forward to meeting some of you in Jan!

Lydia

Welcome Lydia. They´re small, but you might want to check their site: http://promptproperties.com/
Also, would you mind sharing the name of that Facebook site for owners ? Best of luck !

I think Alto Palermo (between The Botanic Garden and Parque Las Heras area) would be best quality of life for you. 10-15 minutes bus into Recoleta (or 30 minute walk depending on which part of the neighb) and really great neighb, lots of different options of buildings; old, new, fancy, more low key, and just a great neighborhood over all. Belgrano/Colegiales bit of a commute to Recoleta (esp if you'll travel in rush hour no no no)

Hi Lydia,
My in-laws have a couple of places that they rent out, I believe there is a nice 1 bed flat in P.Hollywood, near the subte and train stn. coming available Nov/Dec time. Usually they are shorter rentals, 3 to 6 months, but I'm sure a longer period would be fine. My wife and I stayed there for a few months earlier this year and I have to say it was very nice. If you want to have a look when you're here, please by all means give me a shout and we can arrange something. Best of luck and I hope you enjoy Bs As!
Steve

Hello everyone,

Thank you SO much for the replies, tips, thoughts; a veritable treasure trove... I am so enjoying working my way through everyone's suggestions and your thoughts on locations/Puerto Madero are particularly useful.

The Facebook group is "Dueños alquilan o venden departamentos en Bs AS".

The hunt continues... can't wait to be in the same city as you all!!

Back