Fluent English Speaking Cognitive Or Behavioral Shrink?

arielm

Registered
Anyone have good experiences with a shrink to help with assimilation issues? Not a full-on Freudian analyst, but just a sane english speaking person to listen to my crap and help me remain sane/positive/sorted? We moved her (argentine husband, 2 young boys) 2 months ago and I'm feeling a little nuts ;) I speak ok Spanish, but it would be so so nice to be able to go to a really fluent English speaker.

Also, tales of rebounding from initial sense of loneliness and exhaustion on expats (particularly parents w/young kids) would be aweeeesome!

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Arielm,[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Hard to find the perfect sane analyst here. Have heard first hand of other's married to Argentine, here with small children, etc. ( this was shared in a group meeting of Expat mom's) having gone through 9 analyst's with no good results from any. Most of the group had experienced the same. Suggest it may be helpful to just find a good expat listener and vent. Most expats mom's with small children have experienced what you are going through. I made 27 relocations with small children and after the dust settled, there were always moments of despair. The isolation and loneliness you're feeling is normal and will begin to lessen with more contact with other's in similar circumstance. Am sure other's on this forum will reach out to you with suggestions and recommendations. [/background]

Back